Soderberg on KFNS today at noon- summary

So losing to Duquesne at home has to do with the practice facilities? or losing to Fordham? did you see their gym?

or should we look at coaching, X's and O's? i agree our facilities are not that great...no arguing that. brad still coached the team that lost to these horrible teams. we lost to the bonnies....enough said. this has nothing to do with our practice facilites. while i dont knwo what Fordham's practice facility looks like, i am sure, after seeing their gym, it is comparable to SLU.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you just miss where the father of one of the top HS underclassmen in the country said it does?

I do not know about the Bonnies facilities, but both FU and DU have better on campus basketball facilities and coach’s offices than SLU's. SLU's were way out of date 20 years ago. Now they are amongst the worst in the country. NJIT is in their first year in D1 and their facilities are light years ahead of SLU's.

you consider fordham horrible?

i dont think they are going to win the national title, but they will win a lot of games and especially at home.

second, fyi, we arent the only team that has lost to duquesne and st bonnie thus far either.

yes we should have probably beat them. but it is college basketball and teams have bad games.

marquette lost to north dakota state this year. boston college lost to duquesne. cincy lost to wooford. who is wooford? missouri state lost to evansville. so did siu. kansas lost to oral roberts.

get over it.

I completely agree with our facilities. they are terrible. that's why we are building a new arena. are you aware of this?

regardless, what does the poor practice facility have to do with losing to a MUCH weaker team in the Bonnies or Fordham? while i am not the father of one of the top HS underclassmen in the country, i know that most players would rather go to SLU and play at the ST center than at Fordham's gym. even you, brian, would have to admit that.

Griffster - my comment was not specific to practice facilities - it included the whole ball of wax - practice facility, arena where games are played, training/medical facilities, weight training. I never meant to imply that ours was great just that there are surely some in the country which are not better or even worse but have had good results.

sluser said,

"bad gameS.....when it happens over and over something needs to be done"

oh i'm sorry. i thought we had a 13-7 record. apparently we are 7-13.

I hear... ya cheese... we probably can't do it too. But I'd like to see proof..of success with worst facilities. What kind of success? Let's do this let's check the facilities of the 64-65 teams that get into the tourney? Please don't spend all night googling facilites.. and posting their records. I just think facilities now days are a major part of recruiting. Sorry just my take. Sure the whole is important... but SLU is behind "our" ball of wax is missing a piece.

Agreed?

well since it has already been discussed, i assume fordham.

other than that, i dont know. i started to bring up programs and when appalachian states new arena came up, i quit. hell we cant even beat appalachian state for facilities.

Not one game... not any game.. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RECRUITING GAME!!!! Why haven't we signed any recruits this year? Maybe we have lost on recruits because of our facilities? Can you put those two together. I don't blame any lose this year on facilities! I don't take credit for wins because of them either though!!!

Sluser wants to know what the facilities have to do with losing to the Bonnies and Grills. Players play the game, the better players you have the less the chance you lose to teams of that nature. The better tools you have for recruiting, the better players you will get. Seems obvious. I'm still amazed that so many people on this board completely absolve the players of responsibility for those two losses.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Hang in there, all is not lost. The team, while not living up to most of our expectations, is still 13-7. The kids are great and give us tremendous effort and all are each going to be successful in their chosen fields. Plus, the building is underway. It includes state-of-the art weight-room and training facilities. Our loyal group of fans have stuck with the program, and the 9,000 available seats at the new building should be in demand.

Now we need some great recruits to help push the program to the next level. At least now, there's a chance that could happen. I'm not sure that's been the case in the last 40 years!

Now Griffster, if you could please help us with that, I'm sure the BILLIKEN, god of all good luck, would shine on you forever!!!!!

the bonnies, fordham, and duquesne face the same problems we do with recruiting....in fact, i feel SLU has a better shot landing better players, yet we still lose to these teams. i 100% agree better facilities would help with recruiting, but comparing us with these teams, it comes down to coaching. one bad loss, yeah, it's the players fault. two bad losses, hold on a minute, but three and four bad losses, i fully blame a coach who has said twice that he cant get thru to his players.

i understand this thread has to do with recruiting, but i blame coaching with our "bad losses" this year. I dont know how you cant agree. I'm still amazed that so many people on this board completely absolve Brad time and time again. what has this man ever done (and don't say final four with dick bennett's players)?

If anything, outside of facilities, those programs have more impediments to success than SLU - Bonnies is located in the middle of nowhere, and Fordham and The Gas Grills face much stiffer competition for recruits.

With the new facilities, my expectation level for the program will increase exponentially. No more excuses!