IV has had 14 rebounds TOTAL in last 3 games

SLUDrew

This is absolutely, unbelievably terrible. In case you hadn't noticed those three games were not against UNC, UCLA, and Duke. They were against Ole Miss, St. Bonaventure, and Duquesne. On top of that, for those who attend the games, it is obvious that he is not giving his all. He has had countless unforced turnovers, has gotten blocked out by 5'8 guards, and refuses to take the ball to the basket with authority.

He has to sit. He has to get re-focused. I don't see any way around it. Let's see what Knollmeyer can do. To me this move could have two huge positives; First and foremost it could light a fire under Ian. We need him at his best if we have any chance of pulling a rabbit out of our hat this season. 2) It could give Knollmeyer a boost of confidence that could really get his SLU career of and running.

I realize that it could have an adverse affect on Ian. My response to that; so what? Get "NBA Ian" out of your mind. As it stands right now he is the 4th best player on a team which is on the road to nowhere. If he would sulk and not want to play anymore, how worse off could we possibly be?

The kid has talent. There is no doubt about that. He needs a kick in the ass in the worst way, like we all do from time to time. Let's hope Brad has the fortitude to give it to him.

I just don't know if Ian has "IT". This is his senior year and he has high aspirations for his playing career. He shouldn't need a kick in the ass to play like we know he can. For all 4 years, it's always been Ian playing soft and not dominating.

I'll probably be blasted for this, but I think Ian has way more talent than Tyler Hansbrough. But he doesn't *appear* to have half the heart. He can only get up for big games. Against weak competition, he plays down. We were told of Ian's sulking after Brad got in his face last year...which is WEAK. IMO, Ian is severely underachieving this year through no fault but his own.

i have long said that heart and guts is the most important attribute of an athlete, but it is the hardest to judge when recruiting. what can look like effort in evaluations might just be superior athleticism, which we all know at the next level might be average athleticism.

second, i question whether you can coach or teach that. either a person has it or they dont.

Most of what Tyler does is through great athletic ability and tenacity. Obviously the kid has a lot of talent, but if you just judge each on individual "basketball skills" I think Ian matches up with him very nicely. Ian has about 1/100th of the desire. That is ultimately what separates the two.

I think you were responding to me. That was absolute sarcasm, due to the fact almost everyone seems to be absolving the players of any responsibility in these two loses.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Ian has had a less than stellar senior season but any talk of sitting him is ridiculous. If nothing else every team double teams him in the low post. This opens up the game for everyone else. When JJ or Adam plays the post they are guarded by 1 player and have no inside game. As much as I would like to see Ian dominate games he is by far the best center we've had since Kelvin Henderson. Was he over hyped? Yes.But sitting him down sure isn't going to help anything. We would never get an open outside look if Ian wasn't here.

Nashville, at some point I would have agreed with you but the more I watch Tyler play, the more I think he is talented and has skills. I see no comparison between Ian and Tyler. Ian undoubtedly played Tyler well in both games against UNC, but I still think there is no comparison. Tyler has a nicer shot from 10-12 feet. Tyler has the ability to be around the ball more. Tyler is smaller yet stronger than Ian. I may be wrong, but I thought Tyler was a better FT shooter. Tyler is much faster than Ian and can jump better. I even saw Tyler jump and change direction showing his athleticism. You admit to Tyler's athleticism but there is more to it than that. If you look at the stats at the end of the year and compare them and then look at the competition both played to get those stats, there will be no comparison. Also, Ian is a senior and Tyler is a sophomore. I really don't think it's close.

I do agree the heart and desire are more with Tyler and Ian would be a much better player if he had Tyler's.

is shoot an 8 ft jumper

maybe he can't, but if he wants to play anywhere after slu i think he needs to show he is more than a one trick pony and right now all his fg attempts are with his back to the basket

when he does shoot a 3 he looks like he has good form, so i would like to see an 8ftr

if they have to guard him there that would open other areas