Grimes Rumor from Creighton Board

StLouBlue

Just thought I would pass this along. Just a rumor, but since the board is slow thought I would send it on.

A friend with close connections to Dana, said that with all the controversy, Kaleb Grimes is close to decommitting to Missouri, and the we are definately in the running. Mom loves CU. Anyone here have more info?

the more i think about it the more it makes no sense that grimes would head to creighton. even if altman courted kalen early on, he has since moved on. he has recently gotten verbal commits from steve smith, a 6'10" inside player that is likely the next h.s. poy in south dakota, and today 6'8" pf from warrensburg, mo, dane watts verballed to creighton as well.

now couple that with the fact that last year creighton snagged the top pf in the state of missouri as well in anthony tolliver, the ranks seem to be pretty crowded. not saying grimes cant beat the other guys out, just saying i would be surprised that altman would now offer him after bringing in these other guys.

Unless things have changed in a week, I don't buy this rumor. Here's a blurb from an AP article last week on MU's recruits and how this may affect them.

Phone calls to the recruits through their schools were not returned, but Hazelwood Central athletic director Ken Green said Grimes was unfazed by the negative news about the basketball program.

" The family hopes everything works out and they have confidence everything will get cleared up," Green said. "He's not wavering a bit."

I agree it is probably nothing, but when an AP writer calls you up to ask about the problems that are happening at the school you are going to, maybe you think there is more there than you know. I would also guess that it is probably not the only call Grimes has received on this. Other papers, radio stations, other coaches & recruiting services may all be calling Grimes to see if he has changed his mind yet. If he wasn't thinking about it then, maybe he is now. Possible, but my guess is he will still be going to Missouri.