GDT: Kansas (CBE HOF Classic Championship)

b.hayes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

watching butler and St Joe's things could be really tough

That was by far the most talented team we will face the rest of the regular season and we kept it within 15 with a lot of guys including our leader hurt. With a healthy team we'll be fine against Butler and St. Joes.

Just got back from the game. I think others have called it out, but thought this game was going to be a blow out, but we battled back and that was good to see. A couple of shots here or there...or a couple of calls our way and we have a chance. Definitely could tell that we were challenging Releford to beat us. According to the KU fans, he'd been shooting poorly this year. Unfortunately he hit a ton of shots tonight. And we just don't have anyone that can challenge Withey. He altered so many shots it was ridiculous. I believe we hit more 3's than 2's tonight and he's the reason why.

Definitely tough playing half the game without a 2nd guard...Would have been nice to go in with a full roster. I was surprised McCall could still move at the end of the game.

I guess at the end of the day, I still think the future could be bright for this team. I see a lot of things that I like.

That was by far the most talented team we will face the rest of the regular season and we kept it within 15 with a lot of guys including our leader hurt. With a healthy team we'll be fine against Butler and St. Joes.

^This. We were even the second half of this game with one (1) point guard available to us

I loved, LOVED, the amount of heart the kids put in the game tonight. Once Jett went down with the groin injury, we were severely short handed. At the end, Crews decided to only play 5 guys and push them all the way through. While I love the tenacity that that the players showed pushing through the exhaustion at the end, and doing their best against a deeper and more talented team, did we really have to push all of them like that?

I know I probably sound like a broken record on this, but why is Crews not utilizing Manning? Even if you are worried about him being out of position and committing too many fouls, you decide to have your other big men play 30+ minutes, dead on their feet, ready to foul out, instead of playing him? Especially when there is a 7 footer on the other team that is killing you on the offensive end? I was just scratching my head, as I could see Cory and Cody sucking wind out there in the 2nd half. And Loe was completely useless against Withey.

Regardless, the team played with a ton of guts. With KM and JJ for a whole game, perhaps we give them a real run for their money. It is hard to be discouraged with this game, considering the injuries.

I loved, LOVED, the amount of heart the kids put in the game tonight. Once Jett went down with the groin injury, we were severely short handed. At the end, Crews decided to only play 5 guys and push them all the way through. While I love the tenacity that that the players showed pushing through the exhaustion at the end, and doing their best against a deeper and more talented team, did we really have to push all of them like that?

I know I probably sound like a broken record on this, but why is Crews not utilizing Manning? Even if you are worried about him being out of position and committing too many fouls, you decide to have your other big men play 30+ minutes, dead on their feet, ready to foul out, instead of playing him? Especially when there is a 7 footer on the other team that is killing you on the offensive end? I was just scratching my head, as I could see Cory and Cody sucking wind out there in the 2nd half. And Loe was completely useless against Withey.

Regardless, the team played with a ton of guts. With KM and JJ for a whole game, perhaps we give them a real run for their money. It is hard to be discouraged with this game, considering the injuries.

I agree. I'm harder on the team than most anybody, but this was a tall, tall order. Losing Jordair made it even more difficult. The guys on the floor gave everything they had.

Good showing, considering JJ and GG were out and of coure no KM or RM. Down to one guard to handle the ball.

They fought hard. Nothing to be embarrassed about against a top notch KU squad.

When Jett and KM and are healthy, GG, too, then we will know more. RL and a few need to step up.

Good showing, considering JJ and GG were out and of coure no KM or RM. Down to one guard to handle the ball.

They fought hard. Nothing to be embarrassed about against a top notch KU squad.

When Jett and KM and are healthy, GG, too, then we will know more. RL and a few need to step up.

Dont forget KC being out too. the only real minus I had with this game was RL