GDT: Kansas (CBE HOF Classic Championship)

b.hayes

I loved, LOVED, the amount of heart the kids put in the game tonight. Once Jett went down with the groin injury, we were severely short handed. At the end, Crews decided to only play 5 guys and push them all the way through. While I love the tenacity that that the players showed pushing through the exhaustion at the end, and doing their best against a deeper and more talented team, did we really have to push all of them like that?

I know I probably sound like a broken record on this, but why is Crews not utilizing Manning? Even if you are worried about him being out of position and committing too many fouls, you decide to have your other big men play 30+ minutes, dead on their feet, ready to foul out, instead of playing him? Especially when there is a 7 footer on the other team that is killing you on the offensive end? I was just scratching my head, as I could see Cory and Cody sucking wind out there in the 2nd half. And Loe was completely useless against Withey.

Regardless, the team played with a ton of guts. With KM and JJ for a whole game, perhaps we give them a real run for their money. It is hard to be discouraged with this game, considering the injuries.

Not playing Manning is inexcusable. Crews continues to make questionable decisions. He knows more about bball than I'll ever know, but it sure is frustrating.

Anyhow, proud of the Bills. Played with heart and never gave up. Things are looking up.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved, LOVED, the amount of heart the kids put in the game tonight. Once Jett went down with the groin injury, we were severely short handed. At the end, Crews decided to only play 5 guys and push them all the way through. While I love the tenacity that that the players showed pushing through the exhaustion at the end, and doing their best against a deeper and more talented team, did we really have to push all of them like that?

I know I probably sound like a broken record on this, but why is Crews not utilizing Manning? Even if you are worried about him being out of position and committing too many fouls, you decide to have your other big men play 30+ minutes, dead on their feet, ready to foul out, instead of playing him? Especially when there is a 7 footer on the other team that is killing you on the offensive end? I was just scratching my head, as I could see Cory and Cody sucking wind out there in the 2nd half. And Loe was completely useless against Withey.

Regardless, the team played with a ton of guts. With KM and JJ for a whole game, perhaps we give them a real run for their money. It is hard to be discouraged with this game, considering the injuries.

it speaks volumes for manning that he didnt play but a few seconds with loe playing so bad and the foul trouble we had with remeken and evans.

my take on the game was i loved the fight the team showed. could have easily quit a number of times but kept at it. but the truth is as i have been saying for weeks, we dont have the depth. loe and barnett are a step below the rest of the team.and with mitchell and now probably jett hurt, could be a tough month coming up. hopefully the rest keep trying and we get through the injuries and get our top players back.

Not playing Manning is inexcusable. Crews continues to make questionable decisions. He knows more about bball than I'll ever know, but it sure is frustrating.

Anyhow, proud of the Bills. Played with heart and never gave up. Things are looking up.

I couldn't believe he didn't at least give Manning a shot at Whitney. If Loe isn't hitting the three, which he usually isn't, Manning is at least his equal on defense and rebounding.

If you're not going to play him against Whitney, when are you going to play him? Lets get some competition here and give Manning a shot at some of Loe's minutes to see how he handles them. Loe hasn't shown much this year and the Manning option needs to be explored.

I think the Bills gave an outstanding effort and show a lot of promise for the upcoming season

In my "Kansas by 8" post i mentioned what I thought it took to win...keeping turnovers to less than 10 and holding KU to less than 35% from the 3. We didn't do either. Yet we didn't miss by much. ...3 extra baskets ..why didn't anyone guard Releford...Self said he couldn't believe it...plus 3 extra turnovers. It definitely would have been a game.

Yet ....we did do it ...in the 2nd half...only 2 TO and no 3's

Missing KM, JJ, KC, GG...you have 1 guard left...the players are fatigued and outmanned and having foul trouble plus not a great shooting night.....yet....in the 2nd half we played 12th rated Kansas even....I would say that was amazing.

And for the future they should keep that goal...less than 10 turnovers/game (no more than 5/half) Plus keep the opp to less than 35% from the 3...we far exceeded that last year.

I applaud the Bills on a great effort.