Ohio St. dominating Illini

Its 61 - 40 Ohio St. right now with 2:40 left. They game is being played at Illinois. UNC beat Ohio St. Ohio St. is beat Illnois in Illinois by 21. UNC beat SLU at SLU by 21. I know that means next to nothing, but I'd like to see how SLU would do against Illinois head to head.

On that note, it would be interesting if all the area teams decided to have a "real" bragging rights type tournament. They could have SLU, Mizzou, Mo St., and Illinois play in a tournament near the begining of the season. The Scottrade Center or maybe even the Ed could be the venue.

>On that note, it would be interesting if all the area teams

>decided to have a "real" bragging rights type tournament.

>They could have SLU, Mizzou, Mo St., and Illinois play in a

>tournament near the begining of the season. The Scottrade

>Center or maybe even the Ed could be the venue.

The Mizlosers wouldn't do it. They avoid in-state games.

Indeed. I think that is something SLU lacks this year. Drejaj was a leader last year. IV was never really a leader and he is the only senior starter. JJ, the only other senior provides no leadership at all. Luke is probably the closest thing to a veteran leader we have right now. Next year I expect Luke and Lisch and maybe Polk to be the main leaders of the team, but right now there is somewhat of a void in that area which is probably why the team has been so inconsistent.

they have 4 players from the last two seasons now playing in the nba.

imo their guards are weak. smith can shoot, but has virtually no handle. fraizer is average with the ball and doesnt shoot well. i would play the meacham kid a lot more than they do.

what surprised me about the illini this year was the step up by pruitt and carter. both have come a long way as inside players.

the disappointing player is mcbride who i think they envisioned to become quite the wing guard.

i like randle a lot, but he just gets beat up a lot especially when they go small and he plays pf.

Their class for next year is solid, 3 signees...couple of tall downstaters...Cole etc..thin, good shooters, need to fill out...and St. Joes' point guard. Very solid, very good, but nothing spectacular top 25 level class or anything. Gordon, Turner, Rose, etc..all chose out of state. I am sure Weber will coach em up. He is finding out just how tough the recruiting battle can be for the superstars, something Self does well. There is so much talent in state for him though...the next tier is solid.

>>On that note, it would be interesting if all the area teams

>>decided to have a "real" bragging rights type tournament.

>>They could have SLU, Mizzou, Mo St., and Illinois play in a

>>tournament near the begining of the season. The Scottrade

>>Center or maybe even the Ed could be the venue.

>

>The Mizlosers wouldn't do it. They avoid in-state games.

They have a new coach. You dont know that to be true of Anderson. You can only speak of the past.

>they have 4 players from the last two seasons now playing in

>the nba.

>

>imo their guards are weak. smith can shoot, but has

>virtually no handle. fraizer is average with the ball and

>doesnt shoot well. i would play the meacham kid a lot more

>than they do.

>

>what surprised me about the illini this year was the step up

>by pruitt and carter. both have come a long way as inside

>players.

>

>the disappointing player is mcbride who i think they

>envisioned to become quite the wing guard.

>

>i like randle a lot, but he just gets beat up a lot

>especially when they go small and he plays pf.

Of course this is coming for Roy who says he doesn't follow and is not a fan of Illinoi$ - yeah right. Maybe the boosters aren't donating like they have in the past. Those players won't play for free!