Maybe drinking too much Kool-aid...

BLIKNS

...but when I look at the remainder of the schedule I think every game is winnable.Am I over estimating this team?I know we won`t win them all,but think we should be right there.The X game there will be TOUGH,as will UD.

I think they are all winnable too, but I don't wanna get too excited. Anything can happen and its tough to judge teams head to head until they have actually played. I didn't think St. Joe's would dominate us in the conference tourny last year like they did, but it happened b/c they figured us out and shut down our offense. Pomeroy has us going 10-7 from here on out, so maybe we should temper our expectations a bit.

Every home game is highly winnable except Xavier which is a toss-up. On the road, tough games will be Temple and UMass while VERY tough games will be Houston and Xavier. There will be nights where the guys just don't show up. Happens to every team. Worse, we could have shooting performances like the first half of Ole Miss or the second half of UNC. Put two of those together and we won't beat the Bonnies at home.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

If everybody's non-conf performance is an indication, every game we play here on out is winnable. But, I highly doubt that is going to happen. If we are truly a team to be reckoned with in March, I think 3 more games is the most we can lose (I'm not saying we can only lose 3 to make the tourney, just that my expectations of this team is to not lose more than three). We need to defend the home court 100%. Good teams don't lose at home. There are 4 games that I feel are going to be difficult. Hopefully we can win one of the 4 and finish out the season with 6 losses (or less :)). Those games are @X, @UD, @Houston, and @UMass.

I want to be optimistic too, but remember that we are the Billikens (the mighty, mighty Billikens) and are capable of a meltdown at any time. Let's hope we don't start off by laying an egg in Olean on Wed. - they almost beat us in St. Louis last year.

I agree with defending the home court 100%. We beat Houston, SMS, and Miss at home. There is no reason besides poor play that we don't win out at the Scotttrade.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not writing those off as losses. I have relatively high expectations for this team. I think all the teams are beatable, but that we aren't quite good enough to go undefeated...we're just too inconsistent on offense (here's hoping though). I just think losses to those teams would be "acceptable"...if there is such a thing