Lisch's On Cover of USA Today Sports

eskimo

yes a number of times. daniel is a nice high school player. i dont think at this time he is a future billiken recruit. but he has a strong body and another year of high school.

>jj........the key to the quote is "Kevin CAN be".....

>

>I guess Soderberg could have said "I think Kevin can be the

>2nd best, 5th best, 10th best, 13th best, or 20th best

>player in the A-10 over time".

>

>Pick a number....what would you have said?

>

>Remember its "coach talk"!

Question: you know it's coach talk but do the kids know? There is no need to give any number but he said "the best". Bad choice when the A-10 rookie of the year plays in the same backcourt. Those in the public eye should be conversant with purposeful equivocation. A coach has to realize that their players (the player's family as well as the entire community) read what is printed in any paper, especially so with a national publication.

jj....

Answer: yes, the kids know it's "coach talk"! Again, "CAN" is the key word that you continue to ignore.

One of the modern-day negatives when any college or pro coach/manager talks to the media is that some fans and talk-show hosts will nit-pick or twist everything the coach or manager says. But, that's why they get the big bucks!