Students for the UNC game

i was told that certain greedy students were gathering id's or getting students that had no intention of going to go claim tix in order to get the tix and then sell to non-students. so i doubt that the seats will reflect 1,000 true slu students.

I can't say I really do blame the underclassmen for not staying for the game; the out-of-towners don't have anywhere to sleep. I think that only the Village and one of the Marchetti's, and Grand Forest, are open over break.

I do, however, have four freshmen crashing in my apartment on Lindell, all intent on wearing Billiken blue tomorrow night.

I understand that there is a large commuter population, but for those kids who aren't from around here (ie, ME), living on-campus does not allow you to attend the games, unless you're good enough buddies with upper classmen to crash at their place. When I was a little froshy, I wouldn't have known anybody who would take me in.

I agree that the best-case scenario is for everybody within an hour or two to make the drive, but there's a pretty significant portion of the SLU population for whom that is infeasible.

I believe that there are very few commuters left at SLU. I recall seeing a statistic that over 95% (or somothing similar) of freshmen live on campus and most upperclassmen live on or near campus. Also, I believe that the majority of SLU students are no longer from the 100-miled radius around SLU.

>I believe that there are very few commuters left at SLU. I

>recall seeing a statistic that over 95% (or somothing

>similar) of freshmen live on campus and most upperclassmen

>live on or near campus. Also, I believe that the majority

>of SLU students are no longer from the 100-miled radius

>around SLU.

What do they technically consider a commuter? Are the students who live near campus in some of the nearby Lindell apartments commuters since they don't technically live on campus? Or is it only students who live at home?

Either way, around 50% of SLU students are from St. Louis. It's not that difficult to get to a game of this magnitude.