Scouting Mizzou State

It's a play on the Holiday Inn Express commercials. In any case no one here really cares what you think, hater. You are not a billiken fan and also not brave enough to declare your allegiance via your poster name and also not very nice in your hating posts. Life is tough, hater. Get a helmet.

Hey guys. I've been reading your board for a while but haven't posted yet. As for our team:

Starters

PG Spencer Laurie 6'1" Junior (Springfield Kickapoo - Transfer from Mizzou. Sat out last year. He was Mr. Basketball on Kickapoo's team that won the state championship in 2003. He is a pass first point guard, but can also score. Good defender as well.

SG Blake Ahearn 6'2" Senior (St. Louis) - Obviously you guys know a lot about him. He is our best player. Outstanding shooter from beyond the arc, as well as the best free throw shooter in the country. He is an underrated passer as well. He has been ragged on for his defense, but it has improved a lot in the last two seasons.

SF Tyler Chaney 6'5" Senior (Neosho) - Our best defender. He will almost always guard the opponent's best player, except for centers. His shooting was off last year, but he has been very good this year.

PF Nathan Bilyeu 6'6" Senior (Ozark) - Plays much bigger than he is. He's a ferocious rebounder. He likes to penetrate and play with his back to the basket, but he will pull up and shoot the three, as he is pretty good at it.

C Drew Richards 6'9" Junior (Rogersville) - He is a better defender and shot blocker than he is as an offensive threat, although his offense is much better than it was last year. He leads the Valley in blocks so far this year. I think he had 16 before the Wilmington game on Saturday.

Reserves:

SF/PF Deven Mitchell 6'5" Junior (Springfield Kickapoo) - Probably our most improved player this year. He was injured all of last year and didn't play. He is an 80%+ free throw shooter and and excellent athlete and defender. He could start for us, and could probably start for a lot of teams in the Valley.

C Kyle Rausch 6'10" Sophomore (Blue Springs) - He was a walk-on last year as a practice player. He has surprisingly moved in to the backup center role most of the time. He doesn't do one thing extremely well, but hustles his butt off by getting put-backs, blocking shots, etc.

SF/PF Dale Lamberth 6'5" Junior (Oklahoma City) - He led the Valley in three point shooting percentage last year (Over 50% I believe). He had a foot injury a few weeks ago but has played well in the last couple of games. He also posts up now and then.

PG/SG Shane Laurie 6'2" Sophomore (Springfield Kickapoo) - Spencer's brother. He backs up Spencer at PG and Ahearn at SG. His offensive game so far hasn't been what it was last year, but he is steady.

C Sky Frazier 6'10" Junior (Washington) - You guys know a little about him also. Some people think he should be starting this year, but he and Hinson have butted heads this year, so he has been in the dog house some. He was the first big man off the bench against Wilmington on Saturday, so I think Hinson realizes he's going to need him for Valley play.

PF/C Dex Manswell 6'8" Junior (Tobago) - He hasn't played significant minutes yet as a JUCO transfer, but not because a lack of ability. Most Bears fans think he should be playing a little more. Hinson has said he isn't playing extended minutes because he isn't in good enough shape, and he has had trouble with X's and O's, especially on defense. This guy is the most freakish athlete you'll see though. Consider it a treat if he gets an alley-oop thrown to him.

We usually only play nine guys significant minutes, depending on foul trouble. Big men haven't given us trouble so far this year, but three point shooting has. Fortunately, we've been able to outscore most teams with our own offense, so that hasn't been a problem.

I think quite a few of us will be up there on Monday, so it should be fun. Check out www.letsgobears.com if you want to chat with some of our fans on our forum.

Good luck, but Go Bears.

Mr. Troutangler. Spencer Laurie...Paige's little brother. Forgot he transferred to Mo. State. Looking at this rundown, it just goes to prove you don't need top 100 players to build a winner. Just keep them in school 4 years and give them a good system. I hope Mo. State makes the dance this year. You got the short end last year. And nice W over Wisconsin. Should say I'm hoping for a good game, but I'm not...I'd like us to win going away. Probably not going to happen, but I'm tired of these close games. Too stressful.

Paige paid had her roommate to do all of her college work at USC. It was a big deal when it was featured on news show 20/20.

Paige had an affair with Coach Q. That along with a couple other things led Snyder's wife to file for divorce. The Snyders later on reconciled and last I heard were still together.

Sky and Ahearn are the same age, but Sky redshirted and Ahearn/Bilyeu/Chaney didn't. Drew Richards was Mr. Basketball the year after Spencer, so he was a higher level recruit than Frazier. Most people expected him to be starting by now. But, most of us are in agreement that Frazier will be needed if we're going to get where we want to be.

Shane and Spencer are Paige's cousins. Barry is Shane/Spencer's dad. Bill (Paige's dad) is Barry's brother.

We won't bring any tractors, and we will have more than four teeth.