I'm encouraged

It was a very good game. Since the SMS game, the Billikens have been very good. I believe that, barring injury to key players, this Billiken team in one that can win all of the rest of its home games with the one exception of Louisville (and I think the Bills have a better than 50-50 chance of pulling off the upset in that one) and win on the road at any school that will finish below .500 in the conference. I guess that means I see 10-6 (or maybe 11-5 with a win over Louisville), with road wins over TCU (already in the bag), Tulane, and DePaul.

Fellas, I very much enjoyed the gathering, notwithstanding the circumstances (no sound and lots of cigargette smoke -- ugh!). We should do it again next year. (Maybe I'll get a gas mask ;) to wear to that one, albeit it won't keep that junk out of my clothes, if we can't happen to procure a non-smoking facility &l;next time, Unca Sodaberger, we're having it at your place -- please?!&r;.)

Looking at the way the schedule sets up for next year, I could see the Bills going at least 13-3 if the newcomers pick up the system quickly enough and the point is in solid hands. Seriously, if the schedule is the opposite of this year, the Billikens toughest opponents will play at Savvis and the road games will be against lesser teams and 14-2 could be a strong possibility next year, depending on what the other C-USA teams do (and also assuming the move to get realignment expedited falls through.). And, no, I don't drink, so don't think that I had a few too many beers at the gathering tonight!

Thicks,

I also really like the way this team is coming around. It is important to win out at home and that includes Louisville. It is becoming very obvious to me that keeping Tom F in the games is one of the keys to piling up wins. We are a different team when he is in the game. If we get 3-5 more minutes out of him last night then I believe we win the game.

i too enjoyed the get together. but i agree we need to find more friendly digs. the refusal to give us sound was just nasty considering it appeared few in the main room were watching the football game.

if they had the sound on the hockey game, i maybe could have understood that.

i would love to see what the scoring and rebounding breakdown was while tom was out in the second half. i bet it was staggering. i know they got at least 4 put backs during that time frame. and we probably were out scored by quite a bit. i had said that the difference would be fericks and izik vs merrit and novak. that was wrong. the difference was tom getting in foul trouble. to be fair, the two quick fouls in the second half were total b.s. that team is NOT better than us. we will beat them in st louis and thereafter. they were granted a gift from the zebra fairies last night.

those approximate 10 minutes that "the refs wont allow", are the difference between slu being a top three in the conference team that waltzes into the ncaa tourney and being a 500 team with no post season at all.

taj, we saw our waitress like twice. the place did not like having billiken fans there and truly didnt want our business. that said, i didnt offer. i am trying hard to keep you out of trouble with the lovely cindy.

feel free to send me thick's share of those cigars when you send mine.

a nice bottle of southern comfort for my new basement bar would be good as well.

by next year, when my entire basement project is completed, i could host that event.

Sorry you were overcome with the smoke thicks but as bars go, that was not too bad. Good to see some of the guys from the board--Roy, thicks, steve, sluskip, nark, desmetbilliken. I was surprised by the large turnout. That room we were in just was not big enough. I think at least a dozen Bills fans were watching the game from the main room. My wife and I found a spot where the football game was on a TV immediately above a second TV with the Bills game .... I need a setup like that for my house!

Thicks--I'm with you on the smoke. I guess it goes hand in hand with the bar environment. But you're right, it becomes a part of your clothes. My employees gave me a Rams coat as a Christmas present. I wasn't thinking and wore that coat to the gathering. It may never be the same!