exibition game

BLIKNS

With Reggie Bryant and Ian V. sitting outto start the season,does anyone know if they will play monday night?

Bryant most certainly will play.

I can't remember if Izik played in last years, but it would not surprise me if Brad sat Ian. These games are to prepare us for the start of the season, with Ian sitting out we will be thin in the middle we need to get our rotation settled or we could lose a key early game. We can't have games like we did alst year against Mid Tenn and SMS. Those kept us from dancin last year.

Just as Brad played Izik Ohanon in the two exhibitions prior to his serving an eight-game suspension last year, he'll play Ian Vouyoukas in the two exhibitions prior to his serving his 10-game suspension. He needs all the experience against non-teammates he can get, as he won't be available to play in official games until darn near the conference portion of the schedule.

I asked Brad at a Billiken Club meeting if he would sit the players that are ineligible during the exhibitions to play the players that will play the first games more ... he said no ... the players want to play ... that is what they came here for ... so he will play them all

>Ian's debut should be at the K-State game.

Yes. That's why I said, "darn near the conference portion of the schedule." K-State is SLU's last non-conference opponent.

Ian has family in town (heck, in the country) -- I met his Mom yesterday afternoon -- and they will be at the exhibition Monday. It may be interesting to note that in the Grecian vernacular, where we say "game," they say "match."