Shimmy article

slu72

Very nice article. The program definitely is headed in the right direction.

Comparisons between Shimmy and Brad came to mind while reading the story. The improvement curve is steeper for the women's team than the men, primarily because the women were at a much lower level nationally when Shimmy took over. Time will tell whether her 'top recruits' will be good enough to get Shimmy's team to the same national level that we are expecting from Brad.

I believe that our recruits can take us to that level i do think however that we arent quite athletic enough to get there yet we need a big athletic pf-c type player. Shimme is a recruiter thats what she does best. I am positive she will a player like that

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan

A neat article on Shimmey and her girls. (Although the printed version mis-identified the players with Shimmey. Heather King is the girl in the middle. King is the strongest girl on the team, but unfortunately the 5-11 junior forward is out for season with a knee injury which occurred in pre-season practice.)

Hopefully, the article will put a few more butts in the West Pine seats.

I'm going to go to Wednesday's game against the Illini. Anyone else going ... Guest?

And my girls play at the halftime of the Jan 12th game against X. I can personally tell you that dealing with SHimmy in setting that up was awesome. She is so outgoing and really follows up to make sure everything is correct. She is going to speak to our team after the game. I'm excited to hear what she says.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I will definitely be at the women's game vs. Illinois. I posted it on another thread, but 2 of my BLUE CREW friends and I road tripped to the SLU vs. SIUC game on Tuesday. We sat right behind the bench and screamed our butts off. Shimmy is a very intense person to watch. If she gets angry, everybody in the crowd gets quiet...when she pumps her fist, so does everybody else.

The quote that I liked the most from the article was that when Shimmy gives a speech, "the standard response at the end is to want to run through a wall to help the team." That's exactly how I feel whenever I talk to her. She's just so motivated and passionate, you can't help but want to be involved and support them.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to see the women's team in action, now's the time to think about attending the Illini game on Wednesday, November 29th. The athletic department is running a special ticket promotion for that game (according to an email that I just received yesterday from them). $2 a ticket. Following is the email with instructions on how to get the discounted ticket.

Let's Pack the House on Wednesday!

Dear Billiken Fan,

Title: HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM COACH GRAY-MILLER!

Billikens Off to 5-0 Start!

As the Thanksgiving Holiday approaches, the turkey and stuffing aren't the only things heating up; the Billikens women's basketball team is off to their best start since the 2000-2001 season!

After winning their first five games of the season, the Billikens are off to Seattle for the weekend to play in the Basketball Travelers Husky Classic. They will play the host Washington Huskies on Saturday, November 25, and either Miami (OH) or Northern Iowa on Sunday, November 26.

You can help welcome the Billikens home on Wednesday, November 29, when they host our neighbors from east of the river, the Illinois Fighting Illini.

Coach Shimmy Gray-Miller Special

As a way to share her wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all, Coach Gray-Miller is offering discounted tickets to the November 29th game verses Illinois. All advanced tickets will be offered at the rate of $2 per person (regularly $6 for adults, $4 for youth)!

Saint Louis vs. Illinois

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

7:00 pm @ West Pine Gym in the Bauman-Eberhardt Center

All tickets must be purchased in advance in order to receive the discount. Please make sure to mention the Coach Shimmy Gray-Miller Special!

Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling 314.977.4SLU.