Game observations

AlumniFan

H.S. came to play. Tough, aggressive D on their part

Tommy already has 8 points and his shot is silky smooth - wow!

Blue crew is much smaller in size...bus issues?

Knollmeyer is off his crutches, but I cannot see JJ on the bench???

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

21-18 Good guys with 11:37 '153

Obi is hustling more tonight, but has had two turnovers already.

Bryce and Danny in the game with Obi.

Lisch's shot still looking awfully good.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

H.S. is giving us fits. they are VERY quick.

On the bright side, Tommy, Kevin and Danny are just lights out on their shooting. Tommy is going to score a ton of points this year.

SLU is shooting well but has turned over the ball 8 times. They did come to play and we need to stop the uncontested 3s. It is good that we are getting some practice against the zone.

I am at the game.

Luke just went coast to coast..

Poor Dwayne cannot buy a shot, but Tommy continues to impress - 13 pts.

Amen to both of those comments. H.S. is playing like this is the final four. Hats off to them.

The H.S . bench just got a B.S. technical. Will someone tell the refs this is preseason!!!!

Danny just hit another three - 12 pts for Danny.

Please don't let this be a fluke. He is stepping up big time.

One thing for sure - this team collectively worked on its shot during the off season.

Obi hits a three. We are definitely running and they guys seem to be enjoying it. Not sure how this will be against better teams, but it sure is encouraging.

What are Rammer and Earl saying about Obi and Danny?

Last year we saw flashes in 4 games. If he can be a shooting threat night after night we have a really good team. He has been hot two games straight so I am hopeful that he can do it.

Polk same deal tonight can't hit the outside shots but is putting up the assist #s. If he was taller I would think this is ok as long as he could finish but he will get his shot stuffed by good teams if he drives the lane. If he can't hit a shot then the D can sag on him and take away those passing lanes.

Harris Stowe really stalled out this half. Let's get Maguire in the game and have him shoot it over and over till he hits one.

AF- does this mean Scottrade now has wireless or do you have the Sprint deal?

Earl and Rammer were amazed DB missed, but he shot from a different spot.

I started to ask about HD just entering but UB said in the pregame interview basically that HD needs to learn the system. HD just grabbed 2 quick boards. I liked what i saw of him Friday.

They keep saying if the Big 3 becomes the big 4 you will have something special. They are impressed by Brown's shooting of course and wonder if he can keep it up.

Rammer said that Obi may start at some point this year and he isn't afraid on D.

Sprint. HD is looking less unsure tonight than last week - just grabbed another board.

Dustin has Polkitis - cannot buy a shot.

Dixon scores on a nice put back from Bryce's crappy shot.

I wish - gotta wait for our new shack for that.... :-)

Dustin finally hit a three!!!!!!!

This is your post after a beat-down? You tell us that your girls are beasts and gave X a good game? Who cares?

I want to know which of our male players would sit on the HS bench? I suggest you join the HS Board and make your recruiting suggestions there.

None. We have a 7man rotation. This game wasnt supposed to be close and it wasnt. I said congratulations in the other post. What do you want. I'm not gonna bow down to you. You beat an NAIA team with 7 guys by 48. Isnt that what a team contending for an A10 Championship with a potential first round pick is supposed to do?

surely after that display which demonstrated a mountain of difference between division 1 and division 2, you cant honestly say drejaj couldnt play for harris stowe anymore?

after the first tv timeout in the second half, harris stowe's timeouts were almost strictly rest. they didnt even huddle once. the players just sat on the bench and huffed and puffed. i dont know if i have ever seen that anywhere outside of a rec league game. i know i havent seen a breathing timeout in college before.