I think WH is going to

brianstl

Predict us to win the A-10. The more I think about the more I think WH is going to predict us to win the conference. I think his opinion of Lavander is closer to Roy's than mine. You add to that how he values guard play, I believe in the next few days we will see a second perdiction for SLU as conference champs. The XU fans will want WH's head.

That largely has to do with his recruiting, 3 star, as I mentioned. If he were a great recruiter, well, he wouldnt be at St. Louis anymore!

There are only two coaches in the A-10 that are clearly superior to Soderberg in terms of strategy, X and Os, etc.

As for where I place the Bills, it matters not of course. You folks know how good your team can be. That said, I toyed with placing St. Louis from 1 to 4. Like just above every college team, the Bills have some questions that need answering.

On Lavender: I hold a higher opinion than B-Roy. He did well in Oklahoma and the Sooners actually missed him last year. Hard for me to blame a player who has a falling out with Sampson. There's been more than a few. Basically, Lavender will be fine if he doesnt try to do it all. Xavier has plenty of players who can score. DL will be a major, major upgrade on Finn.

rank UB 8th in the A-10, "largely based on his recruiting skills", and then to say if he could recruit he wouldn't be here. Don't you know our AD signed him up for life. Consider your self lucky you don't live in St. Louis. You'd be tied to the Billiken and caned. WH, you need a tall glass of refreshing Blue Kool Aid.

And that is where UMass should be. They have a lot of potential and I suspect they are going to be a dangerous matchup for anybody they play. However, they have problems of their own (some injuries, Forbes really is not shooting well, etc.).

I think of Charlotte in a similar way. A very good team that will not be consistent every night. Although for Charlotte it is going to be a product of their style of play; their going to launch a 3-pt barrage every game so if they are on and you are not getting after them you will have a mighty struggle. If they are not hitting, they become more beatable.

One of the things about predictions is that you put teams where you expect them to be but some teams have more "variance" (that is, they could end up in a wider variety of places). I think SLU is going to be pretty solid (although X is a better on paper) while UMass and Charlotte could easily beat/finish ahead of SLU; I also think it is likely that SLU will plug away more and get caught by fewer surprises (although I am sure we will still have one or two of those).

i am on record stating i expect st joes to be above what WH thinks.

i totally agree that martelli is the best coach in the a-10. imo, there is martelli in a class by himself then about 5-6 coaches where you could draw straws to pick out number 2.

i include coach soderberg in that second group.

Although I won't change my predictions, I could see Joe's moving above GW, which has some big problems with depth and experience. Nor would it surprise me if they surpassed Dayton or Fordham. I just couldnt get past the young guards. I dont think they will quite measure up this year to what L&L did last year for the Bills. Next year, though? The Hawks are likely to be one of preseason favorites to win the league.