New and Improved Luke Meyer

Box and Won

I am the under the impression that he has witnessed this increased mass from the weight training program at our very own Saint Louis University. If anyone remembers Luke in highschool they would have noticed his extremely wide shoulders and recognized that he had a frame that was conducive to adding bulk. Luke has put in the time and effort in the weight room to really get himself in great shape.

coach soderberg also detailed tuesday nite that they had the players participate in a nutrition and dietary program over the summer as well as a very detailed fitness and weight program. i.e. if they did the work and ate right, positive results were almost assured.

What really surprises me about this thread and the above posts - given the craziness that has been going on the board lately - is that no one has yet offered that Luke is on steriods. By the way, I am not saying he is - only saying I am surprised some knucklehead has not suggested it yet.

Here's the deal. Luke's improvements in his mass are due to his character and dedication to Coach Kelso's program, as well as just age. You have to remember, Luke's only a 21 year old man. You can't compare his muscle to that of 25 year old Ross Varner or 24 year old Tom Frerricks. As he continues to get older, and his body matures, he will continue to fill out those wide shoulders with mass, if he continues to hit the weights, which I know he will. Due to his attitude on the court and his mental toughness, wait till his senior year. I bet he'll be one hell of a force in the paint, even despite his height.

As always, just the facts!

>As always, just the facts!

Thanks for your contribution. However -- and I don't mean this as a slap -- how can a first-time poster say, "As always," and expect the long-time readers to accept it? Aristotle says, "Excellence is a habit, not an act." After you establish a reputation, then you can say, "As always."

Please keep posting, providing "just the facts."

the practice session I watched still had him shooting a chest high

set shot like Slater martin or Dolph Schayes-the last vestiges of the old style basketball before dunking became the thing. My question is not whether LM will try hard but whether his shots will have enough arch to not rim or bang off the board?