Showtyme interview with Polk

"Biggest difference from high school basketball to Division 1 college ball?"

"Man.. Definitely the intensity level and the level of talent.. In high school you may face one or two players on a team that MIGTH play in college... but in college you’ve got a team of players that was the star and probably the best player in their state all on one team.. You got to keep working"

Great quote. Hope V-Time reads this.

It is truly amazing that a nice young player who works hard and has a great attitude would say that Brad is a great coach--at least if you listen to the constant complaints and Brad bashing that goes on from the always negative uninformed cadre of non fans that come on to this board.

Let's give the coach and the team a chance to play and stop all the naegtive trash!!

Why can't fans question players, coaches, or anything else within the program? True fans will cheer for their team no matter what, but that does not mean they have to like everything that happens within the program. I love the Cardinals, but that does not mean I am happy with every move Tony or Walt make and when a player deserves to be questioned I am going to question him. A fan can raise questions about Brad or a player and still be a fan, I don't see why it has to be an either or.

As far as an interview, what would you expect a current player to say; Coach Soderberg is a real a**hole and he doesn't give us a chance to really showcase our talent?

The problem I have is that everything always starts negative and goes south from there for so many of these new posters who are obviously not "fans" in the classic sense. I view a "fan" as someone who lives and dies with the team and its performance and supports the team win or lose. A "fan" of college sports understands that these are impressionable young men who are not close to full maturity either in stature or in their ability to deal with life. There are plenty of good fans of the Billikens and I talk Bills basketball with plenty of them all the time. No one thinks that Brad or the team are perfect but they like our coach and they like our team.

None of them ever post on this board and I have stopped telling people about this board because it has so many uninformed negative posters who just say idiotic things. The number of blatantly false posts on this board amazes me as well. People will literally make things up in order to try to criticize the coach or the team or the school. I am convinced that some posters here are actually trying hard to hurt the coach and the program.

The Bills are nothing like the Cardinals with mega stars making more in one season than many fans will make in a lifetime. The Bills are just young man who are tryng hard to succeed in a very competitive situation. I think this will be a good year although I think our out of conference schedule is brutally tough--tougher than most on the board really understand. This team could only win 17 or 18 games and yet they could play well--if the breaks do not go our way. A single injury to a key player could hurt us badly. Yet I will support the team regardless of what happens. One thing is for sure--the super negative jerks will disappear if we play well as they always do after a big win. But give us a loss or two, particularly one that looks like we should have won on paper, and they will be out like sharks smelling blood.

I love the Bills and I truly believe we will have a nice season. Why not be positive for a change?

>I guess Vtime has not informed Dwayne how Brad was

>responsible for his problems shooting last year.

Yeah, Dwayne's gonna bad mouth his coach to the media, that'll give him playing time. He's too classy for that anyway. Brad's not intentionally responsible. It's just clear that he doesnt put Dwayne in the best position to succeed.

Yes he's partly responsible. As he is for Luke and Tommie. He knows who his weak shooters were and should've had practices where they just worked on shooting. You cant work on something consistently and not get better unless you dont care. I think Tommie, Dwayne and Luke care. There percentages should've gone up as the season progressed. Coaches do put a lot of pressure on their pg's. There supposed to be a coach on the floor and so so many things, and I do think he has Dwayne wound so tight that he's second guessing everything.

shooting skills are made in the gym in the offseason with the player shooting thousands of shots with correct form on his own. not in a one hour thursday practice.

So, Vtime, Mark Few spent everyday last summer in the gym with Morrison while he shot 500 3's everyday? Look, who knows what happened to Polk's shot, but he lost it. You don't score 38 points in a championship game w/o being able to put the rock in the hoop. I think DP's shooting woes are mental, ie loss of confidence. Whose fault? Anyone's guess. Let's just hope he exorcises his demons over the summer and finds is this season. DP can be a valuable asset to this team with his handles, quickness, defense, and attitude. We need him.

coach cannot just have a shooting practice because guys don't get in the gym in the offseason to work on it. The players have to be responsible for their shot. When teams are giving a player wide open shots and they can't knock them down, they must get in the gym and work. If a player has to go before practice and after practice during the year to fix his shooting then thats what they have to do. it doesn't take long if they are getting in the gym and getting up shots, because when you do that your shot has only one way to go and thats to get better.

>coach cannot just have a shooting practice because guys

>don't get in the gym in the offseason to work on it. The

>players have to be responsible for their shot. When teams

>are giving a player wide open shots and they can't knock

>them down, they must get in the gym and work. If a player

>has to go before practice and after practice during the year

>to fix his shooting then thats what they have to do. it

>doesn't take long if they are getting in the gym and getting

>up shots, because when you do that your shot has only one

>way to go and thats to get better.

Players always shoot better when coaches give them the freedom to play their game. Confidence is the biggest part of shooting.

Polk was wide open by 10 feet and even though he could barely hit the rim the coach encouraged him to shoot the ball. It was painful to watch as he shot air balls or barely grazed the rims. I do not think you went to many games so maybe you did not see this.

It reminded me of the time that the second base man for the Dodgers lost his ability to throw the ball to first base.

Sorry, but it is not the coach who is the cause of this problem.

All of that being said, I love Dwayne as a player and a person and I think he can regain his shooting touch. If it happens we will be a much better team.

>Polk was wide open by 10 feet and even though he could

>barely hit the rim the coach encouraged him to shoot the

>ball. It was painful to watch as he shot air balls or barely

>grazed the rims. I do not think you went to many games so

>maybe you did not see this.

>

>It reminded me of the time that the second base man for the

>Dodgers lost his ability to throw the ball to first base.

>

>Sorry, but it is not the coach who is the cause of this

>problem.

>

>All of that being said, I love Dwayne as a player and a

>person and I think he can regain his shooting touch. If it

>happens we will be a much better team.

What about the second basemen from the Yankees who lost his ability to throw the ball to first base Chuck Knoblauch?