Horace Dixon status?

Pdiddy et al, what is the timeline for Mr. Dixon to make a decision? Does Brad have a real shot at this kid?

What intrigues me is that he is touted as very athletic. Great athletes have been rare at SLU over the years, and great athletes in the front court have been even more rare at SLU. In fact, I can count one one hand the number or great vertical athletes at SLU during the last decade--Hughes, Jeffers, Love, and Liddell. (JJ and Danny Brown are good vertical athletes, but neither qualifies as great. Polk is probably a great vertical athlete, but his size counters the impact.)

i think probably only monroe douglass was in the same category with mo "who's your messiah now" jeffers. then the rest.

I think Monroe had the best hops of any Billiken ever. God would I love to see us run a back pick for Brown or Tommie but Brad just doesn't run set plays. Grawer was great at setting up Monroe for the jam once or twice per game.

I would have to take NB's opinion on this one. Danny Brown is a fine athlete, but he is not an explosive leaper. I honestly do not know if you could run an alley-oop play for DB, unless the pass was right on I do not see him getting it down on a cosistent basis. Justin Love had some very impressive bounce to his game. However, he did not have it like Mo-Jeffers. Word has it, Marque Perry was an unbelievable leaper before injuries and I heard Romar saying he went to an All-Star game to rerecruit Marque so to speak and that Marque was absolutely amazing going thru the lay-up line.

Not to disagree with you 3star, but did you see the Monroe Douglas alley-oop? My recollection that it was pretty successful for the Bills when we used it. Only came up once/game, at most 2/g, frequently off an inbound play. When it worked, and I thought it was pretty high percentage, it was magnificent and really got the crowd going!

Sorry, I just re read your post, and you were saying that it WAS high percentage to MD. OK.

mhg

johnson dunked with authority, but i dont remember him being tremendously off the ground as dunkers go.

i dont remember malik ever dunking.

Do you know if it's gonna be a decision we like or a disappointment?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer