One would think

That with this "prestigious" Nike Swoosh Jumpman Jordan camp on the glorious midtown oasis that is SLU, that we could attract some top recruits?

What the hell is wrong with our program.

Don't give me any of this "NCAA Regulations" crap. I'm not buying. Don't give me any of this "We don't have a program to attract people" bull****.

I don't want excuses.

I want to know why Brad can't recruit excellent players from across the country. Jim Calhoun can't get every blue chipper. He's got scholarship limitations too!!! Jim Laranaga can't get every kid in a George Mason uniform...Rick Barnes can't get every Baylor transfer...Mike Anderson can't get every prisonyard phenom he sees...Bill Self, well, I guess he can get every prisonyard phenom he sees...Leavenworth is only a short drive away...

Soderberg folds like pocket 2's in a game of Texas Hold 'Em when a big school tries to get a kid like Griffey or whatever the hell his name is..it's pathetic. It's like Coach Clive in "The Waterboy" when the old coach (played by the Snowman, Jerry Reed...Smokey and the Bandit) gets in his head. Can't he pitch a kid to come to SLU and do for us what DeWayne Wade did for Marquette or Len Bias did for Maryland or Hank Gathers do for Loyola Marymount or what JaRon Rush did for UCLA...INSTANT IMPACT. Liddell ain't gonna be that. Lisch, sorry. We need better talent and soon.

It's a closed-doors event. Unless the recruits are really impressed with campus and want to come back and visit, we have our hands tied. It's better to have it here than not, but it isn't a recruiting event.

Because Kramer is playing, though, Brad can sit in the seats. I don't think he's allowed contact with any players, though.

The sky is falling.

The sky if falling.

It's time to fire Soderberg and Levick and Alden and Ian and Grunk (wait, I like Grunk) and Lisch and Kramer Soderberg and Shimmy. Clean house already! BS hasn't had a recruiting commitment in a couple weeks. He must go.

St. Louis U. better get a big-time coach (Is John Wooden available) who can get big-time recruits and big-time results and can build a big basketball arena with his bare hands and steal recruits away from Coack K and wins away from those high school dropouts at George Washington.

Viva la Billikens basketball revolution.

don't you understand anything? Coach runs a clean program. It is a very important value to him.

If you break a rule at an event like this, don't you think another coach will find out about it eventually? It always does, then you have a Coach Sampson thing going on.

We are SLU...not maryland or UCLA or any of the other schools you mention. We will achieve through measured steady success, which has been incrementally happening year by year, with the exception of the year that Reggie and Tom were hurt.

Patience.

There is a reason one of the tag lines for one of the steady posters reads, It's tough being a Billiken fan. We will achieve, be steady in your support, not hot and cold. It is truly a marathon, not a sprint.

mhg

Why respond ... Metz is sitting around laughing seeing if he can get people fired up.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

He is, and yet every time you guys do. Coach runs a clean program, good for him. Other schools run clean programs and actually are good, i.e. Duke, Xavier, Gongaza. They have academic standards and have coaches and schools with morals yet they find a way to be good. Coach better either have a good year or be looking for a new job.

thats funny ... you calling someone else an idiot. What amazes me is that you claim to have graduated from SLU. That alone is a reason not to claim the education at SLU is very good.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Skip, I guess they now have a degree program in mental masturbation. Metz was among the first grads, and it seems a few others like to participate in similar exercises.

Then again, Metz was a BMOC and a rep for his dorm, so maybe this baiting sarcasm is the dominant form of potty humor at college nowadays. I'd take funny any day over the smug, superior drivel Metz traffics.

loveforvouk said,

"Other schools run clean programs and actually are good, i.e. Duke, Xavier, Gongaza."

Other schools run clean programs and actually are good, i.e. Duke, Xavier, Gongaza.

it has been documented many times how long it took the likes of duke and gonzaga to get to where they are now. go look at coach k's record his first few years at duke. it was ten years of fitzball before few's mentor got things running at gonzaga.

while metz has written some really stupid stuff here before, he has never advocated cheating as he does in this string. he has now reached the level of vtime asking the program to cheat.

I agree other schools run a clean program and our good. I'd like to see us get to the same place.

I think where we are lacking is on the internet message boards. We need more fans yelling for the coaches head. That shows that you hold the program to higher standards which will in turn make us good. I'm sure when Cheryl makes decisions she takes into account the fans on Bills.com. I bet if you go back ... that is what got Coach K to start winning

I agree with you that coach needs to have a good year. I don't know that I would say or he needs to be gone. I would say there are some instances in which I would say my opinion is lets move on, but I don't think 16-15 would be it for me. IMO it would be time though to put him on notice. What you guys are wanting to do is put him on notice after a huge improvement. We didn't recruit any superstar recruits this year ... but we did recruit to fill our 2 biggest needs. How good those kids are is still to be determined. I agree as a whole coach needs to recruit consistently better.

BTW ... as if it's important what annoys you. Seriously if thats the best you got for a signature line ... I feel honored that you have chosen to recognize me. Thanks

>Jim Laranaga can't get every kid in a George Mason

>uniform...

??? I beg to differ. In fact, I bet he doesn't even recruit kids in George Mason uniforms being that they're already on the team and all.

>Soderberg folds like pocket 2's in a game of Texas Hold 'Em

>when a big school tries to get a kid like Griffey or

>whatever the hell his name is..it's pathetic.

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

>Can't he pitch a kid to come to SLU and do for us what

>DeWayne Wade did for Marquette or Len Bias did for Maryland

>or Hank Gathers do for Loyola Marymount or what JaRon Rush

>did for UCLA...INSTANT IMPACT. Liddell ain't gonna be that.

>Lisch, sorry. We need better talent and soon.

Dwyane Wade wasn't even that highly recruited. Marquette snagging him was no more an accomplishment than SLU snagging Liddell. And of all the great players that have gone to UCLA, JaRon Rush is the one that "made" the program?

If this post was serious, I'm now embarrassed to say I graduated from SLU. The institution clearly has no standards if someone like Metz graduated.

Yes ... I'm sure you are. The question is ... Is SLU proud you are a graduate. If they read this board and all the ridiculous BS you post ... the answer is I doubt it.

I'd love to see that golf wedge trick.

Metz -

Easy does it big boy! Where do all of these suggestions to cheat come from? For god sake, you graduated and you didn't get any more values from your Jesuit education than to win at all costs?? The man in the mirror...I respect the hell out of Brad for the way he runs his program, and for that sake, every coach in the country who runs a clean program. I do think they are few and far between though!

It is easy to give into the pressure and cheat, but it is the true test of a man to stay the course and compete with honor. You should know that since you spent so much time around athletics!!!

Metz -

Let's get them all steroids too! Let's get them bigger, faster, stronger and beat the hell out of the A-10. Why stop there?? Let's tell the admission office to sneak kids in who don't qualify academically and make sure we are talking to the professors about keeping our players eligibile. Why stop at illegal contact, let's really screw this program up!