OK, IV's back so what's it all mean

slu72

IV, TL, KL for sure the starters. Cannot wait for the rematch with NC to see IV go against Hansbrough. So who fills out the lineup? Obi making progress? Will AK be ready? JJ...aah...JJ? (again a good reason to give Bonner a temp position to school him as well). If the anwers aren't there at the 4, are we back to LM? If so, where have we improved ourselves and whose the 3? DB? DP? Any reports on how these guys are progressing over the summer?

I would think that outside those three, we'll see a changing lineup all year unless Brad finds something that really clicks.

Maybe we'll have Polk bring it up more and get a faster offense to suit him as a PG. I think we'll see a lot of DB, and I also think Brad will go with a twin towers frontcourt of Ian and Bryce more often- he said he liked it last year, and Bryce should be improving to a point where he can log more minutes.

JJ hasn't really ever given us anything in the past, so I don't see him being anything moving forward. A couple minutes a game for him would be fine- any more would probably be a waste. Even if Bonner came in to school him, he's a senior who hasn't gotten any better in the last 3 years, so why would he now?

Another question is if AK or Obi can step in and play a 4 for some decent minutes. I like Luke in the lineup, but as a 3. We can go four guards for limited stretches, but not all the time with the way we've shot in the past. If our guys start shooting, that gives our offense a lot more possibilities, and we'll have a number of lineups that we can feel comfortable with, based on what kind of team we're facing.

J.J. is back for one more year and Bryce has had his right leg in a boot for the last ten days. Something about his ankle not being strong, which translates into him not being able to workout or play. I've heard he only gets rehab three days a week. D. Miles was in the house this week playing and didn't look good trying to guard Obie, who shot a ton of three's. Miles was giving much effort.

So Obi was giving Miles all he could handle?! That is certainly good news and would mean Obi starting to get some mobility. Or was he just sitting behind the arc waiting for a pass? We definitely need somebody who can hit the broad side of a barn, but we also need somebody to mix it up down low. Was he making the shots?

Obie showed more mobility than this past season, but he certainly needs to lose another 10 lbs. He did hit a few of the three's, but would like to see how he does catching at 17' and taking a bigger post to the rack. On this particular day I watched, it was the Tommie highlight show on one team, and the Kevin all-around solid floor game on the other team. Honestly, Kevin made D. Miles look very good considering the pro's lack of effort.