Meyer Signing

Mobile-iken

Did they actually have the press conference today to announce that Meyer has orally committed to SLU or are we still speculating? I was just curious because I didn't see the news tonight and I didn't see an article about it on the Posts' website yet.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

the billikens cannot call any press conference. they cannot comment one bit until the signing period in november. now if borgia or luke meyer want to publically say something, that is fine, but brad and the staff cannot issue one word publically.

Thanks Roy, I knew SLU couldn't do anything until Luke signed, but I was wondering if Borgia had a press conference? I know when Polk committed, Vashon had one. It just seems like all high schools hold press conferences when a player of their's commits to a Division 1 school, either verbally or by signing. I was just wondering if Borgia did?

We hail Saint Louis U."

i am not being mean or patronizing, but when you have the likes of floyd irons involved, dont be surprised when it becomes a circus atmosphere whereby floyd gets to show off. i cant even tell you who the coach at borgia is. that doesnt mean that coach is not a good coach, but it definitely speaks volumes about the way the two programs like to present themselves.

my guess is our good friend frank c will make this public soon. besides, if nate says it, that is good enough for me. he would not risk his reporting rep if it is only a rumor.

That's a good point Roy. Although Irons is a great coach, he certainly doesn't shy away from the camera. I remember him being interviewed when Lorenzo left and him expressing much interest in the job. Gee, after all that Brad has done for us since he got the job, don't you wish Floyd would have gotten the job instead? I'm sure Woolard and Biondi are really kicking themselves now! :)

We hail Saint Louis U."