Recruiting snapshot

Luke Meyer will visit SLU on Sept 5. Stanford is after a number of high profile players at his position but Luke says he wants to make a decision before the season.

Matt Shaw visits SLU on Sept 19. Stanford is after a number of high profile players at Shaw's position as well and Creighton just got a commitment at the power forward position. That pretty much leaves SIU and SLU.

Carlton Reed hasn't been offered by SLU but he does finally have an offer from Iowa, the school he claimed was his favorite all along.

Most of the high majors have backed off Jamarcus Ellis because he chose not to play summer ball. It may not be SLU, but some school is going to benefit from this snub big time.

Dayton just got a commitment from a player at Vince Humphrey's position and SLU hasn't offered. Vince didn't get invited to Nike Camp and played for a mediocre AAU team. That combination is really hurting his recruitment, IMO.

Tommie Liddell will get another crack at the ACT at the end of the month.

Nothing new on Draelon Burns.

i am picturing an athlete who's game (not attitude) probably resembles jason edwin. he is listed as 6'5" and 185 lbs at chris monter's site. here is the brief bio there:

"One of the bigger names in Illinois basketball. Good athlete was attended the 2002 adidas ABCD Camp as a rising junior. Explosive type player."

the site lists illinois, iowa, indiana and auburn as his suitors. auburn probably stands out to the normal reader as "what are they doing on that list?" but let's remember that good ole tracy dilby is now purchasing...er i mean recruiting players for auburn these days.

there are few articles on his play listed at the site. it would be nice to work the dillard angle if for no other reason than future possiblities as westinghouse regularly produces fine athletes.

if my memory serves me correctly, mark komora is the same scum aau coach that was involved with paying and providing lavish gifts to marvin stone that had stone sitting out a lot of the louisville games at the end of last season. there is a whole chapter devoted to komora in the dan wetzel book, "sole influence". it almost seems as though everybody he touches turns to sludge.

yes we could. we have given 4 new athletes 4 scholarships this year, thus according to the 8/5 rule that means we can give 4 next year.

broy....I saw an ESPN article in late August around the 5/8 rule and a two-year amendment where up to six bball scholarships could be granted this year or next year.

The catch is.....the players leaving (such as Floyd McClain) had to be current or up-to-date with their academic standing. In McClain's case, if he had a junior standing academically at SLU then his scholarship could be given to an incoming recruit.

If someone left after their freshman year, then that player had to have complete at least 24 credit hours for that scholarship to be reissued.

Hopefully, another poster can confirm or correct my info. If I'm correct and if all of the academic standings were in order, then it looks as if the bball Bills could grant 5 scholarships this year.

i did not see that article. i was under the impression that the 2 year period you are speaking of ended this year. and even if you are correct, i wonder if floyd was up-to-date academically.