Geez you guys post a lot

I have been away for 3 days, and there are about a million posts to read...

Right now I am in the computer lab (I am having a few troubles connecting my laptop to the internet, but hopefully it will work tomorrow). But thank you for your thank yous. I really enjoy doing it, just hope I can keep up the same quality from DC.

There are 2 Missouri fans on my floor...Oh boy, this will be trouble... We'll see how this goes. But I also wanted to say I have had limited access to e-mail. I cannot use my mail client without my laptop, therefore spam is getting through like no tomorrow. I had about 150 new messages. So if I didn't respond to you tonight, please resend your e-mail and just title it BILLIKENS.COM so I won't miss it.

Sorry bout the inconvience,

Steve

PS I got the Billiken Bobblehead on the desk, the Louisville picture on the wall, and the SignGuy shirt in the closet. I am ready! (Also Books are expensive!)

Got it Steve .... thanks. Who took that, I don't remember. It proved to my wife that I go to those things and not some other, seedy X-rated type area ..... at least for a while.

And I still look better than Roy! When you get your email address send it my way home and we'll look into that DC visit thing. It seems that since that fateful 9/11 day, I don't seem to visit DC and Pentagon as much as I used to but you never know. Good luck.

Steve--you are about to get experience with one of the niceties of the college experience. Yes, books are very expensive; and the bookstores run an amazing racket with used books. They sell you a book for $100. At the end of the semester, if you don't intend to keep the book, you can sell it back to them for $10. They immediately sell the book to the next semester's students, as a USED book, at the bargain price of $95. There's no real competition on the supply side in this mini-market, so the buyer gets gouged.

And another thing: while we all enjoy your company on the board, I hope we hear a little less from you. You'll have legitimate homework to do! And there are plenty of co-eds out there to meet. For fun, do a little research project: go to Gallaudet University, find out if they have cheerleaders, and if so, whether they say anything! It's the best place in town for a Sign Guy.

Good luck.

Steve here is a tip I learned in my sophomore year. I was very broke as a freshman. On ROTC scholarship the gov. gave me $225 for books/semester but they always got the check to me like 5 weeks into the semester. As a political science major alot of the books we read were not text books so they were in the library. I would check out the books from the library. Or some libraries have a reserve book room where the prof. put the books on hold and you can go there and study. So what I'm saying is that I bought very few books checked them out from the library and used those. I had to pay a $72 fine for overdue books before I could graduate but it was worth it. I learned my lesson in my first few weeks after buying books I had no money for beer. So I returned the books to the bookstore so I could have some money. I would pocket the money from Uncle Sam, thank you taxpayers.

On an unrelated note did I flame you as Darkside? I really don't remember.

I know some guys who work in DC if you need anything let me know (they work for the house) but you'll have to become a Republican first.

Thanks for the tip (I will definitely think of that next semister). Most of my books are text, not too much literature yet. History was the killer, I got 4 textbooks for that sucker. But on the note of Darkside, you just got upset with me once when I went over the tigerboard and made a dumb post (The start of Pearl Harbor), and that was like 4 years ago. And I don't think you were too thrilled about the removal of the trashboard, but nothing signifcant.

The all-time Steve hater was Big_Stud from the trash board on rivals.

And as for me becoming a republican. I don't see that happening. But at GW (lets just say College Democrats is much bigger than Republicans) I am one of the more conservative ones (I am theoretically a libertarian, I just vote democrat).

Steve

Yeah, college book stores really have students suckered. The one thing I really hate is when the authors come out with a newer edition of the book because then the bookstore won't buy back your "outdated" book, so now you're stuck with a book you really have no use for anymore. One suggestion I would make would be to order your books from the internet. I've never done that, but I understand that you can save some money on the deal.

I also found the suggestion for the research project at Galludet to be hillarious. It reminded me of a story I've heard where the students at Galludet were protesting something, and instead of shouting their message out, they were seen on TV emphatically using sign language.

main site: http://www.tedministries.com

sports (under slow development, if at all) http://www.tedministries.com/sports

As of right now, there's no way to get to the sports section from the main site, though I did put a link to the main site in the sports section. I haven't updated the sports section at all and have yet to decide if I'm going to continue to develop it.

I'd rather not put it in my signature, because it doesn't have anything to do with Billiken basketball, but is another hobby of mine. Members here may see my site linked in my profile.