lady bills

Fredo

i wonder how the recruting process is going for tthe ladies team? Hopefully Coach Pizzotti can get some of the talented players out of STL. She has never got any STL talent in the past so how could she get it now. Wonder how the team is going to do this year. Has anybody seen the incoming players? I guess we should expect another losing season I mean she has only had 2 winning seasons in her 8 yr tenure so basically Pizzotti is a consistant loser year in and year out except for last year. Any thoughts any body.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the jillikens finished second just last week on two area top recruits. the rudolphi girl from carlyle decided to join stephanie lisch at indiana state next year, and the girl (name escapes me right now might have been brede or something like that) from i think mater dei elected to head to syracuse next year and to play volleyball instead of both which slu was recruiting her to play both.

there is a fantastic point guard at mascoutah high school, bec harris that i think would contribute immediately at slu. imo, she is as good as star jackson was last year for the jillikens right now. i have no idea though if jill is pursuing her or not.

what makes you think that the team will not have a winning record again this upcoming season? if i remember correctly, jill has all of her top players returning.

She can't be any worse than her brother.

How hard must it be for Jill to recruit around here. The program gets no ink, deservedly so, and they play in that matchbox. I think the new arena and facilities will help the womens program even more than it helps the mens. It also must be hard to have a D-3 program right next door that could consistently beat your team.

torch, ironically, your sarcasm backs up on you on this one. rachel's brother is travis not drew. :-)

Actually First of all they lost all the starters from last years team. They have no top returning players, Angie Lewis she was good her soph year, but last year she looked like she thought too much or was to mechanical.

I do not by the gym excuse any more, I mean in 8 years you have to put a team on the floor that will win consistantly. Yeah the gym is small but who watches there games anyway. A caoch is supose to win 8 years. I have lived in SAint loiuis 45 years and have watched some good women coaches before. Mostly at the high school level and they all win wityh small gyms and everything. Coastal Carolina they have smaller gym than SLU and win every year and have made NCAAs.

Maybe the new gym will work if not, oh well

of their lost starters, imo star jackson and harmonie king were the only real losses. the oliver girl never really fulfilled her potential.

i think holloway, lewis, haywood and solomon coming back is pretty solid. add to that the potential of rachel diener and lakrisha brown, i think the team should be as good just on returning players alone.

of the six incoming players, i dont really know anything specific about their skills, but 4 of them are guards thus there is hope that there is a replacement for star and harmonie there. i think you just need to calm down and let jill do her job. my guess is that the girls program isnt afforded near the budget the men's team has and from the games i have been to, i have no problem with the way jill runs the team during the games with the talent she has. i would hope the promise of getting out of west pine gym will probably help jill even more than it helps the men's team.

guys, did i miss something here. didn't the lady bills finish with a winning record and go to the postseason for the first time

slu's women would beat washington university like a drum. beating the fontbonnes, websters and carnagie mellons of the world is a little different from playing the likes of tennessee, missouri, cincinnati and southwest missouri state, which were on slu's schedule.

i don't get to follow the girls as much, but i try. looks like they are headed in the right direction. i hope so

>Who cares about the team, they have never been really good

>and big deal they made the post season last year. THey got

>no press, the only thing that matters at SLU is Men's

>basketball and Soccer. So quit talking about womens

>basketball.

Yo Yuckmouth, it is fine and dandy that you are a male pig--whatever floats your boat; however, please refrain from presuming to order other posters on the board upon what topics they can and cannot discuss. Bad form dude and beyond the scope of your mission in life.

It takes a while to turn a losing program into a winner. I think Jill is doing a fine job. Also I don't think there are as many great women players as there are men ... so it is harder to recruit if you cannot get the superstars. Give it time ... they are improving.

And yes I follow womens bball, I have a new 12 year old step daughter who plays, so I'm sure I will be attending more games this year

imo, the biggest drawback is i am sure that the jillikens do not get anywhere near the budget that the men's team gets. my gosh, many fans question if the men's team gets enough resources, so i cant imagine trying to compete as jill has to get it done.

that said, i am totally against having to give up any men's team resources and funds to improve the women's program.

I wish the lady bills well but I've no wish to talk about them on this board either. I've got no time for the soccer team either even though it's the only Billikens athletic program with any chance in hell of winning a national championship next year. When I was at stedent at SEMO they were a great Div II basketball program. WHOOPI! No one cared.

All that being said the big question is: Is Yukmouth the new more truthful screen name for Triangle and two?

I support the non-revenue sports enough with my basketball season tickets. Soccer is game game for East Bristol street toughs to fight about. If the rest of the world loves it, great. They can freeze their a$$es off in January playing a boring game wearing short shorts. Just keep that F---ing ridiculous trapazoid key off my basketball court.

hehehehehehe i have 3 sisters, and not all are in my hall of fame! i hope yours is!

rich, i agree about the trapazoid thing. what is that nonesense. if the colleges want to change it, make it the same as the nba fine, but what would be the purpose of imitating the international dimensions? crazy stuff.

for the record, other than 6 of my son's soccer games 9 years ago and 6 of my daughters soccer games 4 years ago, i have never seen a complete soccer game and dont plan on it. i spent those 12 miserable nights wondering why the ref was blowing the whistle and why everyone wasnt going after the ball at all times and 7 of the 12 games wondering what the hell was accomplished with a tie?

i am thrilled slu has a great soccer team, but i will leave those discussions to the folks that live and breath soccer. now baseball and softball, that is a different story. only other sport besides basketball imo.

Any "sport" where the actual game time is different from what's showing on the scoreboard is truely absurd.

I played soccer in grade school and my 4 year old son plays soccer in a YMCA league (which is absolutely hilarious to watch) but the idea of grown men playing soccer is hideous. Olympic curling is more exciting and the rules are easier to understand too.

thicks, i have never had a problem with rich. sure rich and i dont always agree on our outlook for the billikens, but rich is obviously a billiken fan and while i might debate a billiken fan, that isnt the same as a foe of the billikens running the team or players down.

besides, if you think back to the subject people in any of rich's signatures, it actually is an honor to be included in such company. :-)

How nice that we get your opinion about soccer shoved in our face. If you don't like the game and since you obviously know nothing about it just don't comment. But... please don't discourage those that do from using this Billiken.com not BillikenBasketball.com message board from talking about it. There are far more successful Billiken Soccer players than there are Basketball players. Any time SLU gets National exposure as it does right now with Brian McBride and will soon with Brad Davis it is a good thing. I LOVE Billiken Basketball and love the chat on the board and everyone's opinion's. But Soccer is SLU's game.