Doug Woolard to be on KMOX at 11:45 am Sunday

I got one response to my e-mail:

To: "Terrance Hicks"

Subject: Re: What is SLU doing to optimize its conference position?

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:45:02 -0500

Doug Woolard has already been schedule for Sports On A Sunday Morning at

about 11:45 a.m.

Ron Jacober

Sports Director

KMOX

If anyone is able to listen, please give a report.

This out of town fan isn't expecting much in the way of revelation type information from this interview. My view remains that Fr. Biondi will be the main cog in any conference revamping for our Billikens and Woolard will be along for the ride.

I didn't get to a radio until 11:50, and there was nothing. The next hour had some baseball expert on and then someone from nascar. Either I missed the interview, or it was very short.

Steve

got to hear it all. regular readers of this board didn't hear anything new at all regarding conference affiliations etc. DW just parroted the league line. I consider Ron Jacober one of the more inept interviewers on the St Louis sports scene. softball after softball.

seems they are waiting til the location is set and the plans are better firmed up before they go after donations....makes sense to be able to tell folks exactly where it will be, and what it will look like before hitting them up for some money.

I heard the entire interview as well. Routine questions got routine answers.

To me, the only interesting Woolard comment went something like this ..... "in the future, I look forward to sitting around the table with schools of similiar values". If Billikenbooster or anyone else can be more exacting with Woolard words I would appreciate hearing from them.

I heard the entire interview, also. Like Billikenbooster said, nothing new to the members of this cyber community (however, many listeners were being exposed to the SLU side of the story for the first time). I didn't find it particularly reassuring. Basically, it seems that SLU (and all of Conference USA, really, is just along for the ride until the Big East decides what it wants to do. I don't feel overly threatened, either.

I recorded the interview (it began at 11:39 and ended around 11:50), and I'm going to inquire with KMOX if I can make it available to the Billikens.com community.

I would love for that (making the KMOX show available) to happen. I asked SLU a while back if I could do the same (for games), but they said they couldn't allow me to do it because of other agreements they have made.

Steve

the line tseugnekillib gave us from doug woolard's interview speaks volumes. it may have been unintentional or we may be reading into it too much, but i can tell you that i dont think of the now conference usa when i hear doug said, ""in the future, I look forward to sitting around the table with schools of similiar values"". that one line alone is extremely encouraging imo as that sounds like a short description of what we have dreamed about for a long time.

Actually, when I heard the interview, I thought DW said more than I had ever expected. My read was that CUSA was not just sitting around waiting for the BE to do whatever they plan to do - I thought he talked alot about the need to be proactive and that the commissioner was doing just that. I was very heartened by his comments and I am not a big DW fan. I also thought he gave a good positive picture to the community - recruits - and hope Brad has been as equally well schooled so he is speaking more enlightened on the topic. All in all, I thought it was good for SLU and gave more hope than questions.