Triangle Shocks Billikens.com

And whole heartedly agrees with King Billiken Roy - this early schedule was a sham and a joke that was played upon Billiken season ticket holders in order Too pad Coach Soderberg's won - loss record. 1. These blood donors offered NO competition - none - Hell the 2 so called exhibition games offered far more competition than the 4 so called D-1 teams did. This is really going Too hurt in RPI standings.

2. Coach Soderberg offered the excuse that he had a new team and wanted Too find out what they could do. But remember - He had recruited Reggie and another "European Dude" knowing that suspensions would follow for these games plus he already had Reggie for a year in practice.

3. Frericks was going Too log his minutes and start. Sloan was going Too start, Fisher was going Too start, Bryant was going Too start and AD was going Too start. What season ticket holders payed for (FOR 4 STINKING GAMES) was Too find out about his bench - To find out about Varner (?????? - he should know by now), Hunt (????? - he should know by now) JJ (another year long practice player) and Clarke (freshman).

4. Coach Soderberg must be oblivious Too the amount of empty seats. Who wants Too see these no name (over 300 RPI) cupcakes get hammered. Too was absolulutely shocked at the turn out for the Arizona game. The normal season ticket holder ticket count added Too at least 1000-1200 Arizona fans only added up Too a little more than 10,000 - that means there was a very minimal walk-up gate. And people wonder why after all of this time only 25% of the money needed has been donated for the new arena.

5 Get away from the 4 "guaranteed" games (No return game) and get that down Too 2 (the other 2 against much better RPI teams home/away) - Afraid of that personal won-loss record Coash Soderberg? Afraid of having Too win on the road Coach Soderberg?

PS - Our Billikens played just a superb game against Too's undermanned and undersized Arizona Wildcats - just a superb game - down Too a Tee. Too's Wildcats are just an amazing team - lose by one against Florida, win by one against SLU, blow out Texas, down by 17 with 15 minutes left against Marquette and then completely take over the game and then on Wednesday beat cupcake St. Mary's at home by taking their first lead in the game with only 55 seconds left. 6 players running and gunning, hitting or missing for 40 minutes. Lute Olson is truly one of the greatest coaches ever - he evaluates his talent year in and year out and changes his coaching Too the skills of the players. Jesus, being ranked in the Top 10 with only 6 players, Coach K would have a heart attack.

so it goes.........

If you want to imitate Too you should go over some of his old posts and really get his style down. Your posts are much Too wordy for the real Too. That and the fact that the real Too would never admit to agreeing with Roy on anything.

Reggie bryant was recruited long before the Nova calling card scandal broke. The first penalties were dished out last year. Reggie found out this summer, but the consensus was that he would have to sit for three games. Arizona would have been the fourth game reggie's first, if not for scheduling one of those patsies. Overall only four patsy games.....

at this second, the rpi breakdown of the teams mentioned above are as follows:

billiken fodder

grambling 174

savannah state 302

north carolina a&t 307

eastern kentucky 326

arizona fodder

louisiana lafeyette 95

st mary's 163

liberty 194

san diego 199

northern arizona 226

valpo 228

and grambling is supposedly playing one of the toughest non-conference schedules thus by year's end, look for them to be in the high 200's as well.

i would trade our buy schedule for one such as arizona in a second.

As we wait until next season to see what our schedule looks like, but I won't fault Brad this year as he was breaking in several new players. No real cupcakes from here on out, and we will just have to see if his strategy was a good one after playing the next 4 non-conference games. If we can win 3 of the next 4 then his strategy may prove to be the right one. If we are going to win 3 of 4 then tonights game in Springfield is pretty much of a must win IMHO.

Generally, I'd agree that I like to see a tougher schedule, and no question in my mind that none of the wins so far are anything but padding the won-loss record, as they won't help RPI. Hopefully, we will reduce the buy games by one or two next year and add teams with higher RPI's.

I'll also welcome T & T...was this just a cameo appearance or will we see more of your posts in the future?

Early last summer Too predicted that the SLU vs Arizona game would "set an all-time attendance record." Not even close! Unfortunately, I don't believe the average St. Louis bball/sports fan has any appreciation for the University of Arizona or its coach.

I can only assume that Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State or even a recovering Michigan would have been a more recognizable team and each would have drawn better than Arizona.

Hopefully, aging Coach Lute won't turn into the Joe Paterno of college basketball. I believe for the last three years he lost a player to academics or p/t issues just prior to the start of school year. With the 5/8 rule, such recruiting mistakes could cause depth issues.

Too, I'm convinced that as you walk to your courtside seat in the new $70M SLU arena, you will still be wondering where the funding is going to come from!

my point all along was that we should have been playing those teams with less than 200 rpi's to ready ourselves for the real games. 300+ rpi's are teams that some high school teams can beat and they do more harm to our team than good.

if you dont think the 2003-2004 rpi's are worth anything at this point, find me the link for last year's rpi's and i am betting you will find the same numbers more or less for the two schedules.

i agree we dont need to play 11 games against all top 25 teams. that would be suicidal. but to play any of these bottom 25 teams is worthless and imo hurts the team in the long run. had this team played a little better competition in those 4 buy games, maybe it makes enough of a difference for the team's preparedness to have won vs west virginia, sms and even arizona. instead we are now 4-4 and i blame the weak ass schedule to this point. one or two wins out of those 3 loses will end up haunting us at year's end.

now we are playing real games. and the difference will begin to show. i just hope that it isnt too late and the mental aspects that could have been built on with a couple more wins wont have the team's will collapse hereforward.