Can Drejaj help

VTIME

Anthony may have given everything he had on the floor, but I don't think he has enough SLU pride to want to help anymore. His relationship with Sodie was up and down, and when the season ended with a whimper, he was done here.

I think there's a mutual respect, but everyone was frustrated after the St. Joe's loss and left with a bitter taste, and I think the seniors and Ian felt it the worst. With Vas'shun it's not a big deal because he rarely contributed anything anyway, but Anthony gave everything he had every game he played, even when injured, and deserves a lot of credit for overachieving (with his limited size and ability) for four years.

Pistol, I have heard similar things to what you are posting. Apparently Drejaj was called out pretty harshly after the season ending loss to St. Joe's by Soderberg (as reported by TKBilliken I think). I can understand this kind of behavior from Soderberg and the other coaches during the season, but after the last game of a players career, that is unnecessary. Anthony Drejaj played his heart out for four years and for Soderberg to do something like that is uncalled for and disrespectful. I remember hearing rumblings last year that the seniors were very unhappy with Soderberg as a coach and pretty much hated him. These are all rumors I have heard, but it seems a little disconcerting to hear about players moving on with considerable dislike for the program. This could end up being a case of karma biting SLU in the ass.

I talked to AD at the banquet ... and I saw him interacting with UB ... it is stupid and irresponsible to even suggest that without any knowledge ... which neither of you have.

UB has said many times that AD was one of the most challenging kids he has ever coached and also one of the most rewarding. At the banquet AD requested to speak when others didn't ... you could tell he clearly liked UB and his time at SLU. I asked him if there was any chance he could ever end up back at SLU coaching ... he said he wanted to try and continue his playing career in Europe ... but someday he would love to be back at SLU coaching. I got the feeling he was being real. I don't get the impression he was just BSing. He did not have to speak at the Banquet ... and if he wasn't happy, he wouldn't have ... he would have collected his picture and moved on.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

if everybody that is posting and claims to be in the athletic dept is not lying, coach soderberg and shimmy gray are about the only ones that are not reading and posting on this board.

it is the reason that there should be no hidden profiles and all should publish their real names. the lying and posturing would likely diminish then.

the argument for anonimity used to be that it provided the incentive for those in the know to participate here. well we can no longer tell who is a liar and who is the truth anymore. so what's the point?

what is amazing to me is that it appears the program is actually in the best shape it has been for about 8 years and if an outsider were to read the board for the last month or so you would swear we just went 2-30 and have no returning players or incoming recruits. i just dont get the negativity.

shut the whole board down until september i say.

Good to know everything is all positive in Roy's world. I however I'm a little more optimistic about the direction the Billikens are moving in. I think many of you are happy being in the middle of the pack. I believe SLU has a lot of postives going for it. Why not go for bigger name recruits?? Why not expect a post season appearance every year?? How many post seasons have we made with Brad? Not including appearances with Romars recruits.

i have never been as disgusted with the tone of the board as i am right now.

it makes no sense to me.

who is saying they dont want to snag good players and get to post season. of course i do. all i am saying is that the level of expectation for some reason just went through the roof and the level of patience for that to actually happen has become unreasonable. slu72 wants us to be competing with ohio state next year.

vtime wants us to offer and expects us to get 5 star recruits in new jersey.

an endless line of folks expected the billikens to have oj mayo lined up when lance stemler said no and are p!ssed that wasnt announced the same afternoon stemler said he was going to indiana.

folks are expecting expecting soderberg to have made verbal scholarship offers to kids that cannot be personally approached per ncaa rules for a year or two or three. now if the player initiates the contact that is different, but otherwise, i think the rule is still no direct contact until after the junior year.

the list of craziness goes on and on. and it does nothing but harm the program at this level.

i am all for discussion and debate, but not at the level it has now gotten to.

>who is saying they dont want to snag good players and get to

>post season. of course i do. all i am saying is that the

>level of expectation for some reason just went through the

>roof and the level of patience for that to actually happen

>has become unreasonable. slu72 wants us to be competing

>with ohio state next year.

>

>vtime wants us to offer and expects us to get 5 star

>recruits in new jersey.

>

>an endless line of folks expected the billikens to have oj

>mayo lined up when lance stemler said no and are p!ssed that

>wasnt announced the same afternoon stemler said he was going

>to indiana.

>

>folks are expecting expecting soderberg to have made verbal

>scholarship offers to kids that cannot be personally

>approached per ncaa rules for a year or two or three. now

>if the player initiates the contact that is different, but

>otherwise, i think the rule is still no direct contact until

>after the junior year.

>

>the list of craziness goes on and on. and it does nothing

>but harm the program at this level.

>

>i am all for discussion and debate, but not at the level it

>has now gotten to.

It's pretty difficult if he never gets an offer.

>who is saying they dont want to snag good players and get to

>post season. of course i do. all i am saying is that the

>level of expectation for some reason just went through the

>roof and the level of patience for that to actually happen

>has become unreasonable. slu72 wants us to be competing

>with ohio state next year.

>

>vtime wants us to offer and expects us to get 5 star

>recruits in new jersey.

>

>an endless line of folks expected the billikens to have oj

>mayo lined up when lance stemler said no and are p!ssed that

>wasnt announced the same afternoon stemler said he was going

>to indiana.

>

>folks are expecting expecting soderberg to have made verbal

>scholarship offers to kids that cannot be personally

>approached per ncaa rules for a year or two or three. now

>if the player initiates the contact that is different, but

>otherwise, i think the rule is still no direct contact until

>after the junior year.

>

>the list of craziness goes on and on. and it does nothing

>but harm the program at this level.

>

>i am all for discussion and debate, but not at the level it

>has now gotten to.

What's wrong with this board is posters like Roy. He is a booster who wants everything his way and if he doesn't get it he crys. He ******* here, he probably writes letters to Levick and Biondi. He is what is wrong with college basketball. He spreads rumors about a potential big time Billiken recruit - Powell. He posts 100 times a day yet wants the board shut down because he's not happy with the post in the offseason. It seems Roy is all over the players from the East Side but if we talk about players from the St. Louis area Roy has a hissy fit. It's the middle age and older people on this board who are so acceptful of the status quo that keep this program where it is. They are the ones who are content with .500 seasons year after year. If someone criticizes the coach or the program and it doesnt match up with their complaints they get ripped. Do us all a favor Roy and don't here til September. Or better yet, stop posting here at all. Your attitude and rumor spreading does the program no good. I'm pretty sure most of the newcomers(fans and recruits alike) are turned off by you. Go away.

I never said or posted anything about competing w/ Ohio State for recruits, status, etc. I try and be objective when it comes to UB. Which means I'm not overy excited about his tenure here, and his results support this conclusion. Yes, I think going into next season should give us reason to be optimistic because of the player's coming back. Let's see how he does....that and who he recruits in the fall to capitalize on his recruitment of TL and KL to sustain some success is all I'm saying. I don't know what else to judge him on, or for that matter what else to judge any college coach on. A lot of you guys want him judged on being a straight shooter, a hard worker, a church goer, a good family man. I don't think those things are in his contract or in his job description. His job is to win games and bring in $$$ to the athletic dept and do this cleanly. He's achieved the latter, the former, well let's wait and see. Question is, how much longer do you wait? I'd love to here UB give an honest appraisal of his body of work at SLU....give himself a grade....as fans we're allowed to do that...I'd give him a 2.2 on a 4.0 scale.