Looks like Scout is in update mode

>Let's hope he's a mix of Reggie Bryant and Larry Hughes.

6'6" 225 JUCO PF ... sounds more like Vash'un Newborne. Here are his stats from last season: http://www.dixieathletics.com/swac/mbball/...si.htm#team.ind

Almost 40% from behind the arc but 55% from the FT line (ouch). He averages 5 FTs per game (must be a guy who can take it to the rack ... at least in JUCO) and 7.7 bounds plus 1+ blocks per game. He's had a lot of visits and no offers.

I don't know about this with Obi coming online next season. Coach must have a serious question-mark with JJ or Obi or both if he signs a juco PF with this profile. Guess this is the backup plan if we whiff on Stemler.

Clemens problems stemmed largely from Barton CC, although in the Southern Idaho has had some run ins with legal issues. There was a SI expose about them a few years back. Since then I believe they ahve cleaned house, still at least run a very good program up there even if it isn't all on the up and up.

>He's listed as a small forward on Scout. Is this a need?

Wasn't DM quoted in the paper as saying Coach Soderberg gave him a promise that he would not recruit his position (SF) in the same class? On the wing next year we have DB (junior), LM (junior) and DM (freshman).

I watched Reggie Larry play two games a couple of weeks ago. Very atletic...quick off the floor. Good frame with some strength, but not overly muscular. Not knowing he was on SLU's radar I really wasn't zeroing in on his play just watch the game in general. However, he caught my eye with a couple of really good plays and buckets. I made a causal comment to my friend that I liked #24 (Reggie Larry) as no other player in that game was doing anything great. (I later saw that he had 22 pts and 11 boards.)

Reggie played the next day and again his athleticism was easy to see.

His team wasn't great, but he played very steady once again. Later saw a box sxore that had him at 24 pts and 13 boards. My recall is that most of his game was inside the 3-pt line and scoring off of rebounds.

I really didn't pay any attention to his defensive effort, thus no comment on that part of his game.

The tournament program had him at 6-6.....which looked accurate.

>jjray - Lance and Dustin are not in the same class. What

>Brad said was that he would not recruit another player at

>Dustin's position in his class. Lance would be 2 years

>ahead of him thus no conflict.

The post referred to Reggie Larry not Lance; however, they are both JUCO. Did Brad promise Dustin he would not recruit a SF in the same recruiting class ... or same class of graduation? Hum, gives Brad some wiggle room.

From this article it sounds like Larry was akin to a more athletic Sanjay Watts with three point range when he was in high school. Now that he's grown a couple of inches he sounds like a legitimate 4.

http://www.nycnjhoops.com/cl2004_unranked.htm

"Regarding the lesser known player's for the 2004 list. Reggie Larry out of Barringer High should definitely be added to this list. He played in the Teaches Hoops tournament this past weekend and averaged 22 pts and 10 boards. Reggie exploded for 28 points against Willie Howie, and 32 pts and 12 boards against Connecticut Select in the finals. He's definitely being overlooked and should be on the tri-state list. He can play the box or the wing and is a very good three point shooter. Reggie is 6'4 and can jump with the best of them."

what ... I was pretty much just told that you can't play PF at 6'4". I don't think it was by you ... but by quite a few. (who by the way were all wrong) So you are saying at 6'4" you think he can play the 4.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

You are right ... someday he will be down the road. Wow that was incredible insight. Maybe if you email him and let him know he should be recruiting 6'9" guys ... he will start, thus saving his job and becoming forever grateful to you.

That's a good thought ... lets put Drejaj to work.

Speaking of Drejaj, I've been wondering does anyone know if there is any way to keep him involved with the team or if it is even possible.

Drejaj does not strike me as the type of guy who would want to be a graduate asst. Sloan already is director of BBall operations. I don't know any other positions they could make up to give drejaj a job.

... and explain how a thread about Reggie Larry is combined with something Dustin Mcguire said and you post a link to a Leon Powell prospectus? I know why you would do that but I am failing to see why it is needed here? Explain?