europe

From the two european players we have had in recent times, (Izik and Ian) and i guess you could also count anthony (has origins from albania but grew up in Jersey), i was just thinking that maybe we should look for more Euro players. There is a name that comes to my mind because i had heard we had interest in him- this is ian's brother, i think his name is alex, im not too sure? Does anybody have an idea about what kind of a player he is, what position, etc. and if we still have interest in him?

The last I heard we still have a lot of interest in vouyoukas' brother. He is getting attention from bigger schools than Ian did. He is 16 right now and about 6'8 or 6'9. He is more of a perimeter type player than Ian, so he may be closer to Izik in skill set than his brother.

I heard from a pretty credible source that we do. My understanding is that he is a couple inches shorter than Ian, skinnier and has more perimiter skills. I also heard he is like Ian and young for his class in school. We may get him at 17. It is not a done deal though.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I don't know ... I didn't try to probe for info, just listened.

The way I understood it was that he would come this year and redshirt. I was told he is finishing school early. It was made clear that it is not a done deal ... he has not made up his mind. Ian apparently really likes SLU.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

if she was unhappy that i pointed out his most serious deficiencies and then he indeed did work on those to become the player he is, i dont understand that. one would think she would be happy that someone was honest enough to point out what he needed to do to become all that he could be.

no i didnt.

slu 72 brought it up and made the accusation that mom said that she didnt like people were critical of ian's conditioning and strength.

all i am saying is that what i criticized ian for his freshman and sophomore years is exactly what he tremendously improved before his junior year. i am sure i wasnt the only one saying it to him (i.e. coaches were likely telling him that as well).

Hopefully he makes the U18 team like his brother did so we can track his progress. Looks like he got invited to the tryouts earlier this month.

http://www.interbasket.net/talk/showthread...80328#post80328

Esake has announced that the following players got invited for the greek U18 preparation taking place 4.-6. March 2006 (I've added the position, height and year of birth):

Simeon Ioakeimidis (F/1.95m/1989) - Aris

Marios Matalon (G/1.88m/1989) - Aris

Nikos Limberopoulos (G/1.86m/1988) - Maroussi

Michalis Giannakidis (G/1.90m/1988) - Mantoulidis

Pantelis Kakavas (G/1.82m/1988) - AEK

Vangelis Sakellariou (G/1.94m/1989) - Panellinios

Stylianos Goulas (C/2.03m/1988) - PAOK

Charalambos Giannopoulos (F/1.98m/1989) - PAOK

Giannis Karagiolidis (F/2.00m/1989) - Olympia Larissa

Giannis Karavasanis (G/1.97m/1988) - Olympia Larissa

Nikos Theodorakos (F/2.02m/1989) - Olympia Larissa

Michalis Tsairelis (F/2.02m/1988) - Apollon Kalamarias