IV may have surgery???

I don't know anything about the knee, but I'm glad to hear he will not be playing in the summer league overseas. The year round competition has to take a toll, and may affect his play as the season comes to an end.

i agree with willie. and second, we are talking about a 21 year old kid. most of us never rested or slept much when we were 21 years old. kids have an amazing ability to bounce back. they dont need 4 months off just to rest. in fact, that would likely be the worse thing he could do.

I'd rather see him in Greece as well. He's got 2-3 months to rest up right now. Let him get back to the int scene. I think that's where he developed last year. If not, send him to the big man's camp. What does a guy like Tyler Hansbrough do during the summer? Will he be in the Bonner league? Now if he was that would be fun to watch.

I think he needs time off. When I was growing in high school I slept almost non stop one summer and came back to school 3 inches taller. I assume IV has stopped that, but will probably be in the weight room a lot, which I never did. This will help him more in todays game.

I just started rereading John McPhee's "A Sense of Where You Are" A profile of Bill Bradley at Princeton. It was written 40 years ago and will give all you young folks a good history lesson on what the game was like back then and MO's greatest ever.

Nobody can say that the last two weeks or so of the season, Ian looked tired on the floor. In fact a couple of times I wondered if had the flu. I think he can work on his game, rest up physically and mentally, and play some games during the summer. Nobody is at their best when they are tired both outside and inside.

but i dont think you can conclusively assume that ian's weariness in late february 2006 was due to playing basketball in july of 2005. i would just as much assume it was due to late night studying, or spending time with his girl friend, or running suicides for the billikens.

Ian hit more than a couple walls this season. He did not have consistent numbers. He would either score in the high teens or have numbers well below 10. He looked gassed. Not to mention the pounding he took night in night out. The biggest strides he made this year were IMO being in top shape, playing tough, and his defense. I don't think he needs to be traveling the globe again to maintain his level of play for next year.

Perhaps IV and his family are looking ahead to after the 2006-2007 season. If he doesn't clean up his knee with some minor surgery at this time.....a year from now the knee problem could be in worse shape... just when he would be looking toward making the Greek Olympic team and the European pro-draft.

Again, perhaps IV and his family want to have the knee repaired in the April-May-June 2006 timeframe.... versus.... having the necessary surgery in the April-May-June 2007 timeframe when it is truly money time.