offense/scoring

former_d1

Well having watched 3 games now, I started thinking....

Fredricks looks like he can score down low. Does anyone else see this? In the gt game he had some nice drop steps and spin moves for baskets.

I feel we need to look for him more. Right now we are passing the ball around and shooting a jumper. No drives to the basket. That is why when you look at the free throws the other team has double our attempts.

Anyone that has seen the greek kid, can he score on the box?

Also, why is ike not playing more?

I thought the same thing in watching Tom F. He made some nice agressive moves to the hoop and made the shots. For the first time I could see a true option down low. Let's hope he can stay out of foul trouble and keep his breath. He also had some tough rebounds in traffic.

As to Ian, I have seen him several times and he has a very nice little jump hook down low. He is a little slight in the upper body but he has strong legs and he should be able to hold his position. I am not sure he is ready for prime time but he looks like he could be good once he adapts and gets stronger.

IO has actually looked more under control in the last two games and I would think he will be in the rotation if he can defend. His problem is defense and Coach Brad will just not play people for long stretches unless they play tough defense.

Our other player at 4, Chris Sloan, has always been a favorite of mine because of his hustle and his grit and determination. However, I think he did not play as well or as smart and he is capable in the last 3 games. Let's hope he can pick it up over the next few weeks!

Frericks has to stay out of foul trouble #1. The rest will come. He can be a nice post player on offense. I would like to see some more passes go into him on the blocks than he is seeing right now.

Izik hs lost all confidence. He doesn't even bother taking it to the hole anymore. He has hit some jumpers in the past two games, lets hope he can get up for the next few games. His defense infuriates Coach Brad, until he focuses on defense he will continue seeing few minutes which does not bode well for us.

IO sucks, let's just face it. He will never become the player we thought or was told he would. IMO, Ian the Aegean, should come in cold and give us at least what Izik has given us to this point. No pressure there, as that's not expecting much from the Aegean.

i agree on points with all of you. i too have lost confidence in izik and i doubt that ian will contribute much this year as well. i do think that ian has plenty of time to be a major contributor down the road.

at this point in time the two players that could improve and contribute more this year yet imo are justin johnson and darren clarke. but it sounds like both need to make strides in practice first to get the floor time to enable this to happen.

other than that, i think our season is whatever josh, reggie, chris and anthony can give us.

Yes, Zorba has a true hook shot from the middle of the key - should be hard to stop if he gets the ball there. I don't understand why Ike isn't playing more, but I have noticed that he hasn't exhibited the great first step that he showed last year - I wonder if it's a residue of the ankle problems.