TL just made All-American Freshman Team per Cusamano...

Way to go TL. Too bad KL didn't start his scoring splurge just a little earlier in the year or he would have made it as well. Although, based on his excellent defensive play, still can't see why he didn't make it. But we know what a lot of others don't. Can you imagine these two when they're Juniors??????

bauman, can you imagine how difficult it was for these voters to just mark tommie down? it would have been like fonzie on the old happy days shows admitting he was wwwwwwwwwrong.

i'm taking bets right now that not one single preseason rag magazine next fall will rank us as the team to beat in the a-10.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 7, 2005

Men’s Basketball

LIDDELL IS COLLEGEINSIDER.COM FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICAN

ST. LOUISâ€â€Collegeinsider.com has tabbed Saint Louis Billikens freshman guard Tommie Liddell (East St. Louis, Ill. / Hargrave Military Acad.) for its 2005-06 Freshman All-America Team. Liddell yesterday was named Atlantic 10 Conference Rookie of the Year and selected to the A-10 All-Rookie Team.

“I’m truly proud of what Tommie and his teammates have accomplished this season,†Billikens head coach Brad Soderberg said. “Although we’re not done playing yet, these kids finished tied for third in the A-10 when the preseason poll had us 13th. One thing we certainly have learned is that the more Tommie has his hands on the ball, the better we play.â€Â

A six-time recipient of the A-10 Rookie of the Week award, THE 6-foot-4 Liddell tops the Bills in assists with 76 and steals with 28. He is third on the club in scoring at 10.5 points per game and second in blocked shots with 18. He ranks ninth in the A-10 in rebounding at 7.0 rpg and has recorded five double-doubles, which ties junior center Ian Vouyoukas for the team lead. He ranks in the top 10 on the Billikens’ all-time freshman lists in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks and steals.

In its first season as a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, Saint Louis (16-12 overall, 10-6 A-10) finished tied for third with La Salle, but will be the No. 4 seed in the 2006 A-10 Tournament as a result of Saturday’s loss to the Explorers. The Billikens will open play in the quarterfinal round at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati on Thu., Mar. 9, at 1 p.m. (CT). SLU will face the winner of the first-round game between Saint Joseph’s and Dayton.

Liddell is the Billikens’ first freshman All-American since Larry Hughes was the 1997-98 consensus national Freshman of the Year.

Rather than designate first, second and third teams along with honorable mention, collegeinsider.com lists its top 25 freshmen. The list follows:

2005-06 Collegeinsider.com Freshman All-Americans

Josh Alexander, G, Stephen F. Austin

Mario Chalmers, G, Kansas

Wilson Chandler, F, DePaul

Jeremy Chappell , G, Robert Morris

Devan Downey, G, Cincinnati

Bobby Frasor, G, North Carolina

Jamont Gordon, G, Mississippi State

Tyler Hansbrough, F/C, North Carolina

Jason Holsinger, G, Evansville

J.R. Inman, F, Rutgers

Juwann James, F, James Madison

Curtis Jerrells, G, Baylor

Brandon Johnson, G, San Diego

Tommie Liddell, G, Saint Louis

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, F, UCLA

Tasmin Mitchell, F, LSU

Tyrese Rice, G, Boston College

Brandon Rush, F, Kansas

Diamon Simpson, F, St. Mary's

Rodney Stuckey, G, Eastern Washington

Tyrus Thomas, F, LSU

Mike Trimboli, G, Vermont

A.D. Vassallo, F, Virginia Tech

Marcus Williams, F, Arizona

Shawne Williams, G/F, Memphis

 www.slubillikens.com â€â€

I disagree to an extent. While we may not be "the team team to beat" i.e. preseason #1, i think we are going to get some big respect next year. When have we ever had such a returning team? Two kids on the all rookie team and a first team all conference. Losing one shooter and a bench warmer. To be honest, we have not deserved any preseason hype since Hughes left, but this year we have national accolades to go along with the players. I would bet you that we get preseason top 4 in the a-10. If we win the conference tourney, or run deep in the NIT, i would say 2 or maybe even 1. 1 is a stretch, but you get the gist...

>2005-06 Collegeinsider.com Freshman All-Americans

>Josh Alexander, G, Stephen F. Austin

>Mario Chalmers, G, Kansas

>Wilson Chandler, F, DePaul

>Jeremy Chappell , G, Robert Morris

>Devan Downey, G, Cincinnati

>Bobby Frasor, G, North Carolina

>Jamont Gordon, G, Mississippi State

>Tyler Hansbrough, F/C, North Carolina

>Jason Holsinger, G, Evansville

>J.R. Inman, F, Rutgers

>Juwann James, F, James Madison

>Curtis Jerrells, G, Baylor

>Brandon Johnson, G, San Diego

>Tommie Liddell, G, Saint Louis

>Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, F, UCLA

>Tasmin Mitchell, F, LSU

>Tyrese Rice, G, Boston College

>Brandon Rush, F, Kansas

>Diamon Simpson, F, St. Mary's

>Rodney Stuckey, G, Eastern Washington

>Tyrus Thomas, F, LSU

>Mike Trimboli, G, Vermont

>A.D. Vassallo, F, Virginia Tech

>Marcus Williams, F, Arizona

>Shawne Williams, G/F, Memphis

I know a few ....Rush was Big 12 Frosh of year, Hansbrough was ACC ...Jamelle Cornley at Penn St, not listed on your list...was Big Ten Frosh of year, Mbah a Moute at UCLA was Frosh of year in Pac 10....and Dominic James, Marquette...on the above link list...but not on the cut and paste list you provided(had Bobby Frasor on there instead)....was Big East Frosh of year. Not sure other than Penn St if there was a player of the year in decent conference not on the list.