Bryant Dunston, Fordham

MOST IMPROVED PLAYER

Michael Lee, St. Bonaventure

COACH OF THE YEAR

Karl Hobbs, GW

Runners up:

John Giannini, LaSalle

Brad Soderberg, St. Louis

I take it he's a GeeDub student or something? Ten guys are on each of his teams .. don't recall that being the norm but I guess when you're naming five players from GeeDub to the team you need those extra ten spots. I'd put McAlister on the second team as a bone throw .... I mean the Dukes won what, three or so games.

Overall, not bad though ..... in our game, Eliot, Hall and Bonsu did nothing. I do like that Rice and Pinnock kid though. It will interesting to see what Rice does next year when he doesn't have all that extra talent to use. I think he'll be good but we shall see.

is probably the most informed fan of the A-10 I've ever read. He's a regular on the A-10 board and has visited here on occasion. He did a detailed write-up on all the teams and picked us to finish 11th. Obviously he was off on that but I understood his reasons and he basically knew our top 3 players would be IV, KL and TL. He did his homework.

His biggest mistake is he is a true fan of the A-10 and in his predictions was he thought the rest of the A-10 would be better than it was. While some here may not like it, part of the reason we finished 4th in the conference wasn't because of Billiken greatness but rather A-10 disapointment. If Xavier, Dayton, St. joes and others had lived up to their potential we'd have been a few seeds lower. We sure wouldn't have been a 4 seed in the old CUSA.

I believe WH's school allegience is to UMass.

i agree and i dont.

for example, a number of us told him that he was vastly underestimating lisch and liddell and why. he preferred to side with the recruiting rags.

he had xu and dayton ranked higher and after seeing them for myself, they both had weak point guard scenarios. in a league that is basically a guard league and has been a guard league for a long time, that should have been a clue.

last, his umass bias definitely shows through. but i wont hold that against him. i would do the same.

overall though, i do agree he works hard at it. and it was indeed better than any of the preseason magazines we read.

I kind of liked reading WH posts as I thought he was a knowledgeable fan of the A10. I have not seen anything posted from him on this website in sometime. I would enjoy his take on how he thought the Bills did this season, as I am sure we also exceeded his expectations.

With the season over, I am posting for a week or two to recap the season. What I like, what I didnt. What went right, what didn't. I'll address B-Roy's points in that post. Besides, I said I would come back and take my lumps if the Bills performed better than expected, and they did. Congrulations.

thank you wh. your comments at the a-10 board were extremely nice today and as a hardcore billiken fanatic, and knowing how well you are respected there, it sure was great to see.

are you going to cincy this week?

Unfortunately, no, but I warned the wife recently that I plan to attend the tourney next year at Atlantic City, which is only about 2 1/2 hours from where we live. I know some people have their doubts, but AC just might turn out to be a good place for the league to play. Philly hasnt worked and Cincy wasnt very good last year, either. Dayton gets the best crowds, but there's an obvious home-court advantage there.

My hope is that AC's more central location to most A-10 teams -- though of course not the Bills -- and its attraction as a gambling and entertainment nightspot might entice more people to go. Perhaps we might even draw in some AC visitors who otherwise would lack a rooting interest in our teams.

We'll see. We've tried everything else. I dont think it can hurt to give AC a shot.

>With the season over, I am posting for a week or two to

>recap the season. What I like, what I didnt. What went

>right, what didn't. I'll address B-Roy's points in that

>post. Besides, I said I would come back and take my lumps if

>the Bills performed better than expected, and they did.

>Congrulations.

You're a standup guy WH.

as of now i have the wife interested in atlantic city. i am planning on coming. taj would of course be a wonderful host for all. i have heard his wonderful wife is already planning a wonderful billikens.com buffet and open bar for all to enjoy throughout the week.

.... that's a given. She wants to see what other kooks from this board are like. The resident one is driving her nuts.

I wouldn't mind being the quasi-host but I am still a two and a half hour drive to the AC what with tolls, backroads and East Coast traffic. I am in for the AC and was hoping ot room with my good friend kshoe. Or Vee.

The docs will be in flying into Baltimore and we'll go from here with some sort of accomodations for the week in the AC. Its just not a simple hop-skip-and-jump from Bel Air, Md.

By the way, anyone know the AC venue????????????

as we get closer it will be interesting to see where southwest flys closest and cheapest to as that will likely be our jumping off point since southwest is typically our best fare from st louis. i think right now sw flys to philly, wash dc, baltimore, norfolk and nyc. philly is slightly cheaper than baltimore right now. is that a closer commute to atlantic city taj?

american airlines to philly is about 100 round trip more than southwest to philly.

why dont you send a pentagon plane to st louis to pick us up and then take us home?