Lineup ?s

House

I know it was senior night, but was anyone else disappointed to see VN in the starting lineup? And further disappointed when he was sill in at the 14 minute mark of the first half?

I am not taking the leap that would have won if Luke started. In fact, Luke seemed to have a tough time geeting active tonight. I am not sure if his off game was due to not starting or a tough matchup.

What has become increasing clear to me over the last several weeks is that VN and JJ contribute NOTHING to this team. Neither defends, passes, shoots, or rebounds particularly well.

BH, LM, and DB should get these minutes.

That brings me to BH. I have watched alot of basketball in the last 30 years, but I don't profess to be an expert on assessing talent. I don't understand why his is not getting a few more minutes. These can come as sub for IV or in the TWIN Tower scenario. I think he has played well when given a chance. I definitely have not seen him hurt the team on the court. I think it could open things for IV and create mismatches. The worst case scenarion is that it gets BH more experience for next year.

Please give me your thoughts.

DP came in and played a superb game on offense and defense. If some way DP could get it going this team has a good chance in the post season to make some noise. DP is running the fast break again, his defense has been awesome and his shot has returned. DP is happy and enjoying the game again. Hard work does pay off.

DB also came in and scored 7 quick points in 13 mins tonight. Why has Brad not given DB more time is a good question. DB also scored 9 points in 13 mins against Temple. I say play DB at least 20 mins per game. We could use his shooting and let him take his man off the dribble.

The foul called on KL had nothing to do with this lose. It had everything to do with defense and rebounding. Dayton got way to many boards.

I love KL games but sometimes young Mr Lisch tries to do to much along. Plus KL does't create enough for his team-mates. Out of the last 6 games KL has finish with 0 assists three times. That's pretty amazing considering how much he handles the ball.

You are 100% correct in the statment made in your 3rd paragraph, but the whiners are already out. Simply amazing to me that wrong thinking folks are putting the loss all on the zebras. The Bills were the ones who came out flat, and many were worried about that fact, and I agree with Coach Soderberg...where was the effort on defense. This was Dayton we played...not Duke.

>>JJ contribute NOTHING<<

Disagree with this statement. On the contrary, last night I think JJ did exactly what the coaches asked of him: box out, rebound, pic on the offensive end and don't take any shot outside of 5 feet. He needs to play more than 60 seconds in a spurt to settle down and get into the flow of the game. When Luke gets manhandled on the defensive glass or the opposigng 5 is too athletic for Bryce, JJ has a role off the bench.

His job is to score ... to find a reason knock the a freshman scoring ... I don't know the exaxt number ... but over 15 ppg during the last 7 or 8 games is ridiculous. I don't want Kevin looking for assists. I want Kevin looking to score. I agree DB needs to log a few more minutes, but he needs to quit having concentration lapses.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

JJ was fine, DP played well, VN was fine, LM had a weak game, and BH still has much to do to get better. We lost this game for three reasons - 1. poor rebounding 2. poor defense 3. our perimeter shooting disappeared for long stretches. Despite all of that - we could have won if AD makes the shot on our last possession of regulation, we could have gotten a rebound at the end of OT and we play defensive in the first 1 minute of OT. Nobody to blame but ourselves. That being said, not many refs would have called a foul at the end of OT with all those bodies flying around.

> His job is to score ... to find a reason knock the a

>freshman scoring ... I don't know the exaxt number ... but

>over 15 ppg during the last 7 or 8 games is ridiculous. I

>don't want Kevin looking for assists. I want Kevin looking

>to score. I agree DB needs to log a few more minutes, but he

>needs to quit having concentration lapses.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H.

>Waldman

Yes my friend I know KL job is to score! Believe me I want him to score and often. But darn I wish he wouldn't force so much and look for the open man more often. In the long run KL will be just fine if he learns to be more aggressive in getting his teammates involved. This will only open up more options for him. You can deny and avoid the (0) assist in 3 of the last 6 games KL has but I say it again that is just horrible. That means you are looking only to score. Even the great JJ Redick has a better assists avg than that.

I agree with you about DB and his concentration lapses. But I also say the same about KL,TL,LM, and IV. They all have it. DB in the few mins he has gotten the last half of the season has been better than average.

you're watching a different game than i am. lisch throws into ian as much as anyone. remember, ian likes to put the ball on the floor. once he does, the assist is gone.

where Kevin has averaged 1.5 assists per game while scoring 17 per game?

During that 6 game stretch Kevin has shot 51% from the field and 53% from three point land. This is equivalent to shooting 63% from the field if all he took were 2 point shots.

During the same six games the rest of the team has shot 43% from the field and 34.5% from three point land. This is equivalent to shooting 47% from the field if all we took were 2 point shots.

Appears to me that maybe the problem with Kevin not getting enough assists to satisfy you is there's nobody for him to pass it to. To bad he can't pass it to himself.

Given the stats above I'm pretty sure I want Kevin shooting anytime he gets a decent look.

of couse they all have it ... just DB has it much more.

I'll still disagree ... I want Kevin to look to shoot every time he has the chance, even if he has to create. His shooting percentages do not bear out that he forces many shots.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

plus, i bet that at least 5x a game kevin indeed has made the pass that should have turned into an assist but resulted in a turnover or missed shot instead. maybe some of the other players need to come up to his level and make their opportunities as well.

worth trying as it is obvious after the first Dayton game we did not match up and we can not have 5 guys go 35-40 minutes when the other team is in constant motion. He also

quieted all the discussion of people leaving the team for lack of playing time. People have been very hopefull for DP and he does try hardl he had quality minutes last night. Dayton had better depth than we did and everyone

knows a hot hand wins; 11 for 19 from the 3 and I have 2 degrees from SLU and have been watching for long enough to know Dayton takes great pleasure in beating us. I remember what difficulty we had with the Evansville Aces. We were a good victory for them and we can not take them lightly next time. If you win you can't brag about beating Evansville or Dayton. I was never a fan of VN altough I think he finally got in shape to play about 6 weeks ago; I was happy to hear he is getting his degree

He was over hyped by our recruiters; he was too short, too slow,

and showed no skill to get himself open or to make an open shot when an assist type pass found him unguarded. I thought anything over 5 minutes and us getting behind to start the game was insane not a good will gesture....I'd like to see us find at least 2 players 6 foot 9 with fade away jump shot capability. easy ed had bob petit on his hawks teams when he

was MVP of the NBA, twice and I thought at 6 foot 8 Roland Gray

got better each year and 6 foot 4 Monroe Douglas stayed about the same after his sophomore year which was very good but he did not keep getting better under grawer who almost held him out of games so Gray could catch him for career points