Liddell 4 assists from triple double

VTIME

They said just said he had a double double with 5 asts. He just hit Lisch for a jumper. I said all summer that Liddell should be point and everyone said no we need him on the wing finishing, and we need him to help out on the boards, well he's still rebounding, but at pg our offense is flourishing, he's getting assists and still giving us offense. Unselfish on the wing hurts, unselfish at pg is great.

>They said just said he had a double double with 5 asts. He

>just hit Lisch for a jumper. I said all summer that Liddell

>should be point and everyone said no we need him on the wing

>finishing, and we need him to help out on the boards, well

>he's still rebounding, but at pg our offense is flourishing,

>he's getting assists and still giving us offense. Unselfish

>on the wing hurts, unselfish at pg is great.

Yeah you also said that Tommie was regressing and that you'd take McKinney over Liddell. Above all be true to thine ownself.

Amen! Tommie looks better and more composed every game. His confidence level is way up. I thought he did a great job in the post game interview and he looks very happy so he is obviously having fun! My son who played college ball said to me the other night that he thinks Tommie has the best basketball IQ of any player he has seen in years. I think he and Kevin could lead us deep into the NCAA tournament before they are done. Congrats!

McKinney would be one of the 3 guards I started. So would Lisch and Liddell. You can manipulate my words to make them say whatever you want them to mean. McKinney would've been better off with SLU, but SLU is doing fine without him right now. No complaints with McKinney's career. Better than the average area kid who chooses MU. They just ruin area players. Would've loved to have seen Grawer, Schumacher, Parker, Grimes, etc at SLU.

Vtime is correct - there is a good size list of local black players who went to Mizzou who did not flourish. That was one of the knocks on Norm and interestingly one of the reasons the school liked Quinn when they hired him - they thought he could win back the St. Louis area but that backfired.

vtime, you were not the only one saying that. i agree most wanted polk at the point, but only because they hadnt seen liddell live like some of us. but you were far from the only one saying it.

speaking of liddell's basketball iq, after the game when highmark asked liddell about the play that brad drew up that resulted in the back door alley oop from drejaj to tommie, tommie said the play was for kevin, but when he saw that lisch was unexpectedly doubled and there was no one else at the basket he made the hard move out and came back to the basket and was wide open. that is stuff that isnt taught. he reacted instinctively and scored the biggest basket of the night. the kid has the sixth sense that stars have. he is amazing.

which is wrong as well. mckinney would be sitting right next to his h.s. buddy dwayne. only brown and gardiner would even have a chance to start, and to be honest, considering gardiner's selfishness and brown's tendency to coast, i would probably rather have drejaj and meyer play if that was the way the two of them would play in the game. vtime, you just need to realize, your mi$$ouri boys arent as good as their high school press clippings made them out to be.

There have been some local players, who have had success in the major conferences. I realize that there might have been some academic issues, but my point is that there are PLENTY of All-State, local all-stars whose talents don't match up with the big dogs.

It's not due to coaching or academics, but just speaks to how DIFFICULT of a jump it is from high school ball to high-major basketball. I, for one, am not laying the blame on Quin for McKinney's lack of progression at Mizzou. I think McKinney has wonderful instincts, heart and a strong work ethic, but he hasn't thrived because he simply lacks the shooting skill and top shelf athleticism to excel in the Big 12. Now he could have excelled at an Illinois State and might have done better at SLU, but he is what he is, a solid, but unspectacular performer in the Big 12.

>which is wrong as well. mckinney would be sitting right

>next to his h.s. buddy dwayne. only brown and gardiner

>would even have a chance to start, and to be honest,

>considering gardiner's selfishness and brown's tendency to

>coast, i would probably rather have drejaj and meyer play if

>that was the way the two of them would play in the game.

>vtime, you just need to realize, your mi$$ouri boys arent as

>good as their high school press clippings made them out to

>be.

I doubt that if McKinney and Drejaj had come in together AD would've ever been able to pry a starting spot from McKinney. Jimmy is now a double figure scorer in the Big 12 and Anthony is having is best season at 12 ppg in a much weaker conference. Jimmy started for an NCCA tourney team as a freshman and was Big 12 All-Freshman Team. AD would've never done that or even gotten an offer from a Big 12 school. Jimmy walked right into the closing stages of the Ricky Clemons fiasco and still managed to have a solid career. His production in his worst collegiate season is better than Drejaj's in his best season.

I not seen McKinney play much since where I live Mizzou is not high on the radar screen...

But

Didn't Anthony get several offers from several Big East schools (WVU and Providence)? Also, the high school Anthony came from, Seton Hall Prep, was also a USA Today top 25 school when Anthony attended.

>I not seen McKinney play much since where I live Mizzou is

>not high on the radar screen...

> But

>

>Didn't Anthony get several offers from several Big East

>schools (WVU and Providence)? Also, the high school Anthony

>came from, Seton Hall Prep, was also a USA Today top 25

>school when Anthony attended.

Drejaj's list

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...t=2&pr_key=3061

McKinney's list

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...t=2&pr_key=3289

No ... I think what everyone said was if him and DP are on the floor ... DP would be the pg, and that is the way it was until your shooting guard couldn't shoot.

Most everyone said the starting 5 should be TL, KL, DB, JJ and IV early in the year ... it's just that we all new DP would start at the beginning of the year ... which would make him the pg. Once he couldn't keep his playing time we knew TL would be the pg. The fact is though almost everybody on the board thought TL was the best pg.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I think most only wanted TL at the 3 if DP and TL were bth starters. Most as did I said the starting guards we would like to see would be TL, KL and DB ... but we knew DP was going to start which makes him the pg.

Don't forget V ... you also said DP was a 2 guard.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I can't believe anyone can argue that Drejaj is better than

Mckinney. Even with Quinn ruining Jimmy he is twice the

player Drejaj is.

That may be true, but that fact holds little currency outside of a Bonner League game or a one on one game. It's about who makes the team better. Drejaj wins that contest everytime going away.

Jimmy McKinney is not going to knock down big shots from 3 as Drejaj has and Jimmy McKinney isn't going to lock down scorers as Drejaj has.

At this point Jimmy is a more polished Danny Brown.

what you cant seem to get is "teams" win games. drejaj is the ultimate team player and role player. willing to do whatever it takes to win jobs. last time i looked mi$$ouri doesnt know how to spell team. and no matter how you slice it, mckinney is part of that equation. a true senior team leader would not have let their team become mi$$ouri. drejaj on the other hand is the leader of an emerging team. sorry, i'll take drejaj.