Lisch Envy?

Billinikens

I'm sure I will catch some flack for posting this from my favorite trio of posters, but I'll deal with it.

Thought it was interesting that there's a thread today on the IlliniBoard about how much the Illini fans wish they had Kevin Lisch on their squard. Nice praise for Kevin from a successful program like that! And it isn't all that often that SLU has guys (particularly freshman) that make bigger programs jealous like that. Let's be thankful he chose the Billikens, though!

>I'm sure I will catch some flack for posting this from my

>favorite trio of posters, but I'll deal with it.

>

>Thought it was interesting that there's a thread today on

>the IlliniBoard about how much the Illini fans wish they had

>Kevin Lisch on their squard. Nice praise for Kevin from a

>successful program like that! And it isn't all that often

>that SLU has guys (particularly freshman) that make bigger

>programs jealous like that. Let's be thankful he chose the

>Billikens, though!

Oh great. We've received validation from Illinoi$. How lucky of us. Wasn't that nice of them to look at our little program and toss us a bone. Who cares what they think. Go back to your Illinoi$ board.

I don't think anybody's high-fiving over the fact that Illinois likes Kevin Lisch. It was just an interesting thread from their board about one of our players. If you notice, there's another thread about Charlotte not respecting us, yet it's still a discussion topic on this board.

But you know what, it's nice to see people outside of St. Louis noticing our team and our young freshman. Would you rather they all just ripped on us all the time?

I think lots of college basketball fans are going to take notice of our team. This season is far from over, and we could be a tough team to beat in the A10 tourney. Our team is gaining confidence with each ball game. Let's hope for another great effort in the game against Charlotte.

>I don't think anybody's high-fiving over the fact that

>Illinois likes Kevin Lisch. It was just an interesting

>thread from their board about one of our players. If you

>notice, there's another thread about Charlotte not

>respecting us, yet it's still a discussion topic on this

>board.

>

>But you know what, it's nice to see people outside of St.

>Louis noticing our team and our young freshman. Would you

>rather they all just ripped on us all the time?

Shoe,

He asked for it. I had to deliver. I don't want them to rip on us but I guess I don't care what Illinoi$ fans think of SLU. To be honest, I think SLU fans in general, and St. Louis fans as a whole play the "no respect" card a little too much. Just my opinion.

Moophan, it is now transparently obvious you can not process a single lucid thought on the state of Illinois, or any basketball team from there. The thoughtful fans posted that Lisch and Liddell were posting great #s for freshmen, and that they would look good in orange and blue. No disrespect anywhere in that thread. Noone on this forum is playing the no respect violin.

The fact you would not even relieve yourself upon an Illini fan to help put out a fire is indicative you Moo worship far exceeds your Billiken fandom.

For being a Bills fan, you manage to make more enemies with your via paro o inferno attitude than anyone I know...amongst Bills fans.

>Moophan, it is now transparently obvious you can not process

>a single lucid thought on the state of Illinois, or any

>basketball team from there. The thoughtful fans posted that

>Lisch and Liddell were posting great #s for freshmen, and

>that they would look good in orange and blue. No disrespect

>anywhere in that thread. Noone on this forum is playing the

>no respect violin.

CollieDave,

Here is what SShoe said in his post:

"If you notice, there's another thread about Charlotte not respecting us, yet it's still a discussion topic on this board."

As I stated - SLU FANS IN GENERAL AND ST. LOUIS FANS AS A WHOLE - play the "no respect" card too much. I wasn't specifically referring to the Illinoi$ thread. I didn't read it. Like I said I don't care what people from Illinoi$ think about SLU.

As to noone on this forum playing the no respect violin you must be reading a different board. Roy complains everyday about the Post coverage of the Bills. There is a thread going on as we speak about the lack of preseason respect we got. I'm not saying they're wrong but to say it doesn't excist is just plain ignorant.

You must be so blinded by your Orange and Blue that you can't see straight. It's obvious you have a problem with the teams on this side of the river. Go back to your Illinoi$ board.

>

>Shoe,

>

>He asked for it. I had to deliver. I don't want them to rip

>on us but I guess I don't care what Illinoi$ fans think of

>SLU. To be honest, I think SLU fans in general, and St.

>Louis fans as a whole play the "no respect" card a little

>too much. Just my opinion.

I can agree that we tend to use the "no respect" card too much. If I were a coach from the A-10 during the preseason I don't think I would've given SLU much credit after a 9-21 season. That doesn't mean I don't like fans of other programs (especially top programs such as Illinois who I like and respect for the most part) giving kudos to SLU and Lisch. The more positive attention the better.

Well this thread degenerated into exactly what I was afraid of. What difference does it make that I found the info on the Illiniboard? The point of the post was that the #8 team in the country (that went to last year's Nat'l Title Game) is wishing they had a player from SLU. It's not often that a program at that level is wishing they had a player that SLU has, especially this early in the player's career. Why don't you read the post for what it was and not make this an issue about Illinois, which is not at all what the post was about?

Also, if you don't care about what Illinois fans think (which is a perfectly valid opinion), then don't post in the thread! There are a myriad of threads here that I could not care less about and you'll know which ones they are by my lack of posts. The fact that you posted multiple times in this thread indicates to me that you do care about it.

Great season Liddell and Lisch from a Tiger, Bills and Blue devil fan.

Just wondering what would happen if I posted stuff from the Tiger board. Since I don't read that board and I am a bills fan, I guess we will never know.

Go back to degrading Native Americans and stay off the Billiken Board.

>Great season Liddell and Lisch from a Tiger, Bills and Blue

>devil fan.

You root for another team other than the Billikens?! That's impossible! You aren't a "true" Billikens fan!

>Just wondering what would happen if I posted stuff from the

>Tiger board. Since I don't read that board and I am a bills

>fan, I guess we will never know.

Well right now SLU's program is better than Mizzou's, so posting a thread that they wish they wouldn't have missed on KL would be sort of a "duh" statement. Back when they were #2 in the country, people here would likely have taken it as a compliment from a better program.

>Go back to degrading Native Americans and stay off the

>Billiken Board.

We've had this argument before. Must we rehash it? We clearly don't agree on the issue.

I will credit you on the consistency of your posts. Each time it gets more and more ridiculous. I always think, "He can't possibly have something more inane or illogical to say." And I'm consistently proven wrong. Bravo.