Song suggetions for MU band

slu72

1.) Money Can buy me wins-by the beatles

2.) Liar Liar-can't remember the group

3.) Me and Mrs. Floyd...Mrs. Floyd...Mrs.Floyd....we gotta thing going on

4.) Heard it Through the grapevine. M.Gaye, Creedence Clearwater

5.) Boone County Prison Blues... to Folsom Prison Blues by the late great J.Cash

5.) Send in the Clowns-previous suggestion by another poster

6.) Put me in Coach....I'm ready to sing-John Fogarty

7.) And we heard it on the Boone County jail telephone -sung to J.Buffet's Coconut Telegraph

Sure you all have many others

These would probably be better for the bands of the teams Missouri plays on the road. Hey, I'm sure the Gonzaga (Mizzou's next opponent) band would be interested (one of their student pep group members posted on a Kansas board asking for dirt on Missouri -- yikes, there's a lot of fodder!).

p.s. after last year, you would think that if the rpi issue was the only thing, quin would have seen that slu isnt a bad game. this whole thing comes down to slu gaining on missouri in the home state.

Lynard Skynard's "Oh that smell"

MU 2000 I would think the number 3 team in the country would be afraid of no one! But every dog has his day. In about five years after you are resurrected from the death penalty, you'll be knocking on our door. Hopefully we say, "Nah, get your RPI up there with Savannah State and we'll talk."

Did YOU watch us play coppin state? We've been having troubles, and any team can beat any other team in the nation at any point. SLU almost beat arizona, but I suppose by your logic the top 10 should be fearless. SLU is a good team, they just have a lot more to gain from a matchup with MU.

It just goes to show you the kind of program Missouri runs. It would be different if all the MU fans didn't bag on SLU and talk about our lack of recruiting, lack of talent, etc. It looks pretty foolish to bag on a team and then be scared to play them. That is what it comes down to - fear! It would be good for the state, great for the fans, etc.

Is it not correct to say there's fear of losing more than gaining? Because that is fear. Unfortunately, most states and regions try and take on their regional rivalries as SLU does with SIU and SMS. I still don't see why based on just that, they won't play SLU. And I know your stance and how you disagree with this, but I haven't met many die hard Mizzou fans who wouldn't hesitate to bag on SLU and thump their chest as the superior program. I just don't understand how they can do that and then not play us regularly. Also, look at the records when the two teams play each other. Not as superior as MU thinks. Also, as I have said before, it amazes me how blind MU fans are when it comes to opinions of MU nationally. People do not see them as the powerhouse they see themselves as.

Only if you classify them in the same category as SLU. Fact of the matter is, MU's biggest following is in St. Louis according to what I have read in regards to population and number of fans and alum. I highly doubt you could say that about Cape or Springfield.

You could make an argument for that though. SMS is definitely a comparative team to a lot of what MU plays in their non-conference. So, why not them too. SEMO is all together different.

if semo and sms also have better rpi's than indiana or iowa by year's end then yes, they should have also played them. your argument is that this is a no win game for missouri. i am telling you that missouri will play on the road against teams this year with worse rpi's than slu. so it isnt a matter this is a game that cant help missouri when in reality they are agreeing to play teams that are worse for the rpi on the road than what slu represents.

i am telling you that slu is going to have a better rpi than either indiana or iowa by year end. so why couldnt slu play either of those games?