The streak is over

Go_Bills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to try to be "cute" and tell someone to have neighborhood kids or grandkids help him with making sure his post is correct, then you, at least, owe it to SLU72 and the rest of the Board to make sure your post does not contain errors that we should have learned about in grade school.

If you are going to tell someone, "I know your old" (at least you get points for not spelling "know" as "no"), then next time, smart@$$, you might want to type, "I know you're old".

Jackass - Did I spell that correctly? Or is it Bauman? Either works.

There is a difference between someone making a typing mistake and someone quoting the wrong poster.

Why is it that you feel the need to run to SLU72's defense? Let him do is own fighting. And besides he came after me first.

Good job! You spelled both correctly!

Good try on the typo argument-lots of people make the same TYPO forgetting to type both the " ' " and the "e" when INTENDING to type "you're". I would guess your teachers also bought your excuse that "the dog ate your homework".

The RPI is screwed up this year. I can't buy some of these rankings. I like SIU, but they're ranking is 23 or something like that? Higher than George Washington's? It's ridiculous. The MVC is a pretty good conference, but it's not as good as the RPI is making them this year.

had a BAD loss last to Indiana St. at home. People look at their RPI (39 now after last night) and would say that they are in but people forget that they have a loss to a D2 that isn't being accounted for in the RPI. I'm sure the committee will factor tht into consideration and I'd be willing to bet of the field was set today, they would be out.

see sshoe, you are in. you are sucked into the electronic media making you believe such. yet every year the likes of a creighton, or missouri state or an siu or a milwaukee-wisconsin get to the sweet 16 or we have about 10 first and second round "upsets".

i personally contend that they were not upsets or at least a lot of them were not upsets in the first place. but the media has convinced the public that is the case and the likes of the big east, the big 10 the sec, the big 12, the acc, and the pac 10 all deserve their 8 bids. i say b.s. after you get by the true top 20 or so, the next 75 or so are actually pretty darn even and the difference might be one player or a superior coach.

i think the ncaa knows this. and the changing trend of the rpi reflects such. good.

>see sshoe, you are in. you are sucked into the electronic

>media making you believe such. yet every year the likes of

>a creighton, or missouri state or an siu or a

>milwaukee-wisconsin get to the sweet 16 or we have about 10

>first and second round "upsets".

>

>i personally contend that they were not upsets or at least a

>lot of them were not upsets in the first place. but the

>media has convinced the public that is the case and the

>likes of the big east, the big 10 the sec, the big 12, the

>acc, and the pac 10 all deserve their 8 bids. i say b.s.

>after you get by the true top 20 or so, the next 75 or so

>are actually pretty darn even and the difference might be

>one player or a superior coach.

>

>i think the ncaa knows this. and the changing trend of the

>rpi reflects such. good.

I don't disagree at all that the "big" conferences get too many or because of the media, conferences like the ACC are all that people talk about. I can't stand it when all I hear out of Dickie V, Jay Bilas, or Packer's mouths are how good these big conferences are.

But when looking at the RPI this year, I can't believe how low a school like GW's RPI is. Granted their schedule is weak, but they're 16-1. Last I looked, St. Joe's RPI is close to GW's at 9-9?!

I can't understand how Mizzou's schedule rank is 19th. They played nobody in Non-conference and the Big 12 is in a down year. We played 3 more teams in the top 50 and only 1 more team in the 200+.

Iowa is another example. Good team, but ranked 10th on Pomeroy's site. I watched them get beat by 30 against a good, but beatable M. State team.

Arizona isn't anything great this year, but their RPI is 16th. Kentucky is 34th and hadn't beaten anybody until lately since Morris has returned.

I'm using big conference teams who I don't consider to be any good to show that in general (nothing against the MVC) the RPI's formula is screwy.

Also, for every UWM there is a West Virginia who play in the "big" conferences, but aren't considered the best in those conferences and go quite far.

>If you are going to try to be "cute" and tell someone to

>have neighborhood kids or grandkids help him with making

>sure his post is correct, then you, at least, owe it to

>SLU72 and the rest of the Board to make sure your post does

>not contain errors that we should have learned about in

>grade school.

>

>If you are going to tell someone, "I know your old" (at

>least you get points for not spelling "know" as "no"), then

>next time, smart@$$, you might want to type, "I know you're

>old".

Poor Mizzouphan just can't hide his Tiger stripes. He's got Boone Country written all over him.

>By the way, I'd be more than happy to have you check my

>Depends.

I bet you would. Besides, who is getting nasty. I was unjustly attacked by Oldman72 and his butt boy(that would be you Bauman) and I responded. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Also, what do you bring to this board? I did a quick check and couldn't find any of your recent postings. There was no pregame or postgame insight from you. Nothing.

Let's (that means let us) get back to that typo thing you now seem to be trying to distance yourself (not you'reself) from-did you maybe get caught in a little b.s.? I just don't know (not no) if you are persisting in that little story.

You and Billikenman add a lot to this Board. Thanks for joining in!

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I was talking to the men's basketball office secretary today and I mentioned to her that Ian looked tired last night, and she told me that the reason he looked bad was because a really bad flu is going arround the basketball department. Grunk was so sick that he didn't even go to URI, so it is IV's turn with it right now. She said they were trying to pump him with things to make him feel better all day yesterday, but he just needs to rest a bit. Hopefully he'll be good to go by Sunday!

It is now 4 hours and counting since you claimed that "your" instead of "you're" was a

• TYPO! Four hrs. later you still cling to that position. You probably have about one other Billikens.com poster--Billikenman--buying into that story. Oh, will you ever see, and admit, the error (not air) of your (not you're) ways?

Thanks for reading my other posts.

Glad you've (that means you have) put your naivete on display so we all can learn that you have more weaknesses than grammar/spelling!

Q's cutie is in fact Paige. And now you know the "rest of the story".

The education of Billiphan continues, to steal a phrase from Howard Cosell. I've got a feeling that education will be a never ending process!

I hope you pick a high school that has a strong English Department.