Huggins in 2006

There's no way I can watch another season of Soderberg leading us down the path of the Kennesaw States and Prairie View A&Ms of the world. Saint Louis University isn't a slouch program, but we have horrible recruiting strategies and awful budgets and the move to the A-10 hasn't got us the "East Coast" exposure Fr. Beyond Me has praised about. I was in NYC the other day and told a guy at work I went to Saint Louis University and he goes "ah, Wash U, hu?" I wanted to throw him off the top of a very tall building. No respect. We need Huggins. Huggins = good players = NCAA appearances = revenue = good things.

Cusamano was talking about Huggins in retrospect to SLU this morning. It was sort of interesting.

He is a dirtball, but you cannot argue with the success he had.

Frank was interviewing someone who was saying "Do we want a guy who gets us to the dance every year but degrades the university by his reputation?" Frank pretty much did not know how to respond because even though his rep is bad, it is hard to argue with success.

Hugs was let go because of the "Thug" rep of UC teams and it's reflection on UC. Hugs will land at a state school, most likely in a major athletic conference, whose program is down, has a big new arena to fill, and really doesn't care about it's academic reputation because it will always draw students due to the reduced tuition. Does this sound like a school we are real familiar with? All that said, whoever lands Hugs will receive the following bennies:

OJ Mayo and probably his running mate.

Immediate National Headlines

Sold out arenas

Immediate and continuous dance invites

Increased legal budget

A doubling of their SI/Public Affairs office: someone's got to deal with the bad press

Outrageous car insurance premiums (DUI's ain't cheap)

I don't think Biondi would like the above. As for UB, he's got at least two years after this season. Unless, there's some kind of player revolt, ie TL announces he's transferring to UNLV or whereever Hugs calls home.

THis thread is stupid, Hugs aint coming and very few want him.

Not only that he can't win in the tourney. He got out of Cinci just in time ... a bunch of 6th place finishes in the big east wouldn't have helped his rep as a coach. Give him due. Make him a warden. He can have some of his ex recruits on his team.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

are you serious?

if so, i would bet the farm you will never see huggins in billiken blue on the sidelines. and rightfully so.

your last statement about forfeiting reputation for wins is one that i would think only a very few share. i for one would rather be a 500 program forever than have a mi$$ouri/cincy like reputation and be in the final four every year.

if walmart is still in charge of personnel, it might happen. however, i would hope that the state now runs the university again.

i do indeed hope that everything about the mi$$ouri program the last 7 years continues as it has forever. my mistake. thank you for pointing that out.