ncaa tourney ???

Cowboy

my mind tells me that there must have been a change in how the whole seeding deal works now as it used to be that teams from the same conference could not meet in the tourney until the regional finals (winner goes to f4)

but there are all these folks (i will not call them experts) saying the big east will get 9 or 10 teams in the tourney, making the rule mentioned above invalid as it would be impossible to do

has anyone seen a rule/procedural change on this???

personally, i would love to see the big east get hosed on this and be limited to 8 but i am sure they have someone watching out for them in this regard

i seriously doubt the big east will get more than 8 teams in. that is the number that are below 40 rpi as of this morning and the next lowest after those 8 is depaul at 60. i would be shocked if the conference tourney winner isnt one of the 8. that would be a lot of upsets.

8 seems about right for Big East. If DePaul is in fact the 9th right now on paper(I haven't looked at it today)...DePaul isn't in imo....they have the opportunity to get some high quality conference wins and change that. They have lost a lot of close games....Notre Dame as well....I would say 8-8 in conference and not a first round Big East tourney loser....would get in with good ratings and non-conference wins. If today....I would say, Nova, UCONN, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Marquette, West Virginia, Cincy, Syracuse would get in....no particular order.

Louisville has a lot of work to do and is not in if up to me....DePaul no, Notre Dame no.

Rest of conference is Providence, S FLorida, St. John's, Rutgers Seton Hall....have zero shot for now.

With that said, a team like DePaul, Louisville, or even Notre Dame could finish strong and go on a run...because Syracuse is down this year, Cincy has no depth and lost one of best players before Xavier game...Marquette is very young, ....it is still early...they all play each other and knock each other off...tough to win on road against anyone in that conference.

But I would say 8 today....could go up or down imo. I think 9 is most they would get...this year

And if Louisville is anywhere near, you just know they will take them in a heartbeat...even if their numbers don't stack up to others.

I think you better review your math textbook. If both the Big East and CUSA got 4 in and the new Big East now gets 8 bids it would impact other conferences by the number of bids Cusa gets this year-most likely at least 2.

Now for fun, let's try this one--If car A is traveling 65 mph and going to a location 195 miles away, and car B is traveling 50 mph to a destination 200 miles away, then .................................

...................................what will be the final score of tonight's game.

I say Bills 59-SJs 52---the streak is over!

It really wasn't asking too much of me. Stick with me here. Go back and read your post. You are saying since the BE will get(assumed) 8 bids this year and since the BE and CUSA got 4 each last year that the fact that the BE gets 8 will have no impact on other conferences # of bids. (that's what you said) As I tried to point out, since the 2 conf. got 8 bids last year and you are assuming that the "combined " new BE will get the same #--8, then conf. other than the BE & CUSA will be affected this year by the # of bids the "new/revived" CUSA gets--assume 2. If they get 2 then the 2 conf will get 10 bids this year vs. 8 last year.