Billiken Club Meeting?

Box and Won

Good attendence.

Cheryl spoke: she had been in a 5 hour plus meeting (and was planning on more today) with an architect to add offices and a practice gym to the new arena.

-arena size will be in the 13000 size range, not the 10000 range previously mentioned

-big december donors that she had expected did not come through. arena fund still in that mid 20 million range

-she has meetings planned to strategize on getting the rest of the needed money.

-cheryl indicated that the ground breaking will happen.

Shimmy Gray (women's coach) spoke.

-took her team to see the cincinnati recruits play while they were in the queen city.

-Game this suday afternoon will be on television. home game.

Dr Mike Beczkala (band director).

-Thanked Billiken club for all of its donations in the past.

-Band will be at the game Sat nite at Family arena

-talked history of the band..etc

-answered various questions until Soderberg arrived (actually more questions than Cheryl or Shimmy were asked!!

Soderberg.

-Was asked about in bounds scoreing plays, and if SLU has them. Brad said he doesnt use them.

-touched on his "come to jesus meeting" with JJ in Hawaii.

At that point, i was distracted by a pretty girl.....so, another poster will have to continue

i meant the comment as a compliment. we rarely get any new stuff from brad anymore, so if i was sitting next to you and you pointed out the girl, i would have been right with you likely.

yeah, he was nervous as well. Wasnt sure exactly why they wanted him to speak at the meeting.

As I said, he answered a LOT of questions and when Coach finally arrived, the moderator walked up to intro coach and get mike off stage, he proceeds to take ANOTHER question and made coach wait. (he winked at coach during that and Brad smiled. good stuff!!)

You know Mike better than I, but I didn't think he seemed nervous. Being an educator, he should be used to getting up in front of people. He seemed to really enjoy himself.

One thing Brad said is that GW doesn't know who they are playing tomorrow night. During the weekly conference call with the media, the GW coach, during his 5 minutes, said the thing the feared most about SLU was their outside shooting.

He is looking for outside shooters as has been surmised on this site.

He said that the meeting was the 4th public presentation he had that day. I wonder how many times he gets asked the same question.

I believe Brad's actual quote was something along the lines of "Hobbs said the thing he was most impressed with about SLU was their outside shooting."

Needless to say it took a little while for the room to stop laughing and calm down.