ramsey on slaten's show today

billiken_roy

I felt like we had been given a gift with some home-cooking. Ramsey came to the same conclusion and used the foul discrepency as evidence. You obviously don't agree with the evidence Ramsey used but do you really disagree with the conclusion?

We will never find more favorable officiating then we did last night.

"There wasn't one point in the game where I felt that I should stand and yell at the refs because they helped us so much."

Maybe did you cheer then?????

I don't know what it is about Billiken fans....where they feel like riding the refs is a suitable substitute to real cheering!!!!!

Forget about the refs and try to cheer for guys like Ian, Kevin, Tommie, etc

The Refs gave us that game. I know they were hacking us like no tommorrow, but at one point we were in the Bonus in the second half and SLU had 1 foul.

They weren't calling everything on SLU. There was one play when JJ had a handful of Jersey when another guy was going up for a lay up with a ref RIGHT THERE and there was a no call. Also, while I could not tell if they were actually doing it, there were a lot of calls on Chicago St. for carries, which is sort of nit picky.

As for Ramsey, I think he is fine. Frank I think is the SLU homer of the StL media, and that is fine.

It wasnt a slam on you personally, but on a large group of Billikan fans....who think just because all they do is ride the refs and they think for some reason they are "cheering"....

Getting on your feet when the Bills need a big defensive stop is much more important than even worrying about the refs...

Officiating pretty lousy all the time....everyone thinks they are getting "jobbed"

Ian's gonna have a lot of nights on the line, he is a load!

if you want the calls at Savvis to be honest while knowing SLU is going to get screwed on the road.....your in for a long season.

yes, it would be great to have all calls (and non-calls) even both home and away, but as long as humans are calling the game it's not going to happen.

somehow, someway.... the obviously better team/the obviously better player is going to get the key call in their favor...it just happens that way....it part of basketball at all levels.

bottom-line, take'em when you get them.....expect them when they go against you!

I heard the discussion today on the radio and knew it would bring about a long thread. I specifically waited to see what was posted before responding to the show. Several things crossed my mind: 1. did we get home cooking? - yes 2. did we deserve home cooking - yes, given the fact that the coach for Chistate clearly decided he was going to foul Ian everytime he touched the ball. If they had not done that then the foul situation would have been different 3. were there fouls called that could have been overlooked - yes for both teams 4. Was Lisch fouled on that play or not - yes, from where I sat you clearly could see that the kid tripped over his own feet trying to keep up and Lisch fell over him 5. would that foul have not been called some other night - yes but that is the problem with humans calling the game 6. when Rammer came on he introduced himself as Billiken Bob as did Slaten so what was wrong with that - once he introduced himself as Billiken Bob he created a situation that led the listeners to think he was representing the Billikens 7. did later say that while he was Billiken Bob he has to be fair so he keeps his credibility - yes but that is a fine line for the average listener, after all, he is not sitting around at a cocktail party or on bar stool talking to a couple of friends 8. did he attack the A10 refs - yes and to me that was the biggest of all his sins, what good did it do to attack the A10 refs so word gets out that SLU doesn't want any homecooking so lets give them what they want at home and on the road.

The point is, Slaten was on this rant yesterday and this was simply a carry over discussion today and Rammer could have simply chosen not to bit but he bought in hook line and sinker. I know that we are not his only employer and until that happens you can not expect him to always be supportive but I do think he and others have to understand how when supposedly one of our own does what he does that we will be unhappy. Now if does not care then fine but then when people start complaining to Levick about his lack of PR she may eventually have to act by letting him go and if he is OK with that then speak away Rammer speak away!

cowboy, my statement was not what i said/wrote. i was telling the board what ramsey and slaten were discussing. and EVEN IF the discussion would have/should have been about non calls, imo, the refs didnt call enough fouls on what ian endured the other nite. so you are so far off base in your defense of ramsey it is laughable.