Liddell to gaurd Morrison

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...88?OpenDocument

Looks like coach finally gave it up. What do you guys think? I haven't seen Liddell nearly as much as you guys, but I haven't thought of him as much of a defender. Then again, who on our team has the size/athleticism ratio of Tommie. Man, this is gonna be a tough one.

from a pure athleticism standpoint tommie HAS to be the guy to guard him. JJ can't do it...is too slow on the perimeter. AD can't do it..too short and would get murdered in the post. I have a feeling when Tommie comes out for a breather VN gets that responsibility to attempt to take him on. Here is to hoping that Tommie guards well, but does not try to do too much and get in early foul trouble, as that is a distinct possibility.

>from a pure athleticism standpoint tommie HAS to be the guy

>to guard him. JJ can't do it...is too slow on the

>perimeter. AD can't do it..too short and would get murdered

>in the post. I have a feeling when Tommie comes out for a

>breather VN gets that responsibility to attempt to take him

>on. Here is to hoping that Tommie guards well, but does not

>try to do too much and get in early foul trouble, as that is

>a distinct possibility.

TL shouldnt get in foul trouble guarding Morrison. Its a Cardinal sin to foul a jump shooter. Just dont foul him on a jumpshot and make him go to the basket. I'd be more worried about Ian with fouls on Batista. We struggle against 3pt shooting teams, so maybe we need to go with an extended box and one, not to be confused with the poster "Box and Won"

Brad cost me $10. I bet Kshoe that he would start off with Dreja on him. I know he would shoot over him but I just felt he would try to turn him into a jump shooter and pray he misses. I hope Tommie stays out of foul trouble and doesn't lose his offensive focus.

I would think that we would run DB at him for awhile also. I agree we don't want TL in foul trouble, but we know the Zags are going to score ... we have to get our best offensive players plenty of minutes. If the game gets wide open, I could see DB contributing on offense, but if we are working out of a half court set alot, as noted he seems to lose his effectiveness.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Depending on Morrison's success I wouldn't be suprised to see a number of players take their chance guarding him. It's going to take good team defense all around. If he posts whoever is guarding him up and kicks the ball out we're going to have to scramble. It should be a good test for the Bills.

Depending on Morrison's success I wouldn't be suprised to see a number of players take their chance guarding him. It's going to take good team defense all around. If he posts whoever is guarding him up and kicks the ball out we're going to have to scramble. It should be a good test for the Bills.

Great post. This clown knows basketball. It should be a good test for the bills. Thanks for clearing that up. More than one guy will get a chance to guard Morrison. This guy must have a pipe line to Soderberg. Oh, there I go starting rumors again. It's going to take good team defense. I was thinking 1 guy would shut the Zags down. This should be up for post of the year. I feel like I understand the game now. Thanks for opening my eyes. This guy isn't playing around. he really is a billiphan.

i said earlier in the week that liddell was the only one that stood a chance to guard him one on one. morrison would have posted up and likely fouled out drejaj or lisch. he is too fast, crafty and good with the ball for ian or justin or newborne. liddell is the only choice.

who knows. bright lights and stage. the whole world would see if if he has a stellar night, might be the motivation that tommie needs to have a complete 40 minute game. he has the talent to do it.

show the world tommie.

Well well Phan, is this guy starting to finally get to you too? I personally agree with your game plan along with everyone else. Tommie really is the only person I could've seen starting against Morrison. And IV will have to have the game of his life tonight in order to give us a chance too. All I have to say is good luck Bills, and go get'em!

Your real tough on the board Billi. I will be there. I be the guy with the Billiken sweatshirt on. Maybe I'll come looking for you. Let me guess you are going to be at the Loading Zone around 5:00. the have a couple of Mic ultras at faces. You will celebrate after the game at Boxers and Breifs. You name the time and place.

No-can-do, Cat-man-do. The usual logistical problems .... I'm in mD and the game is in mO. But me and Stevie and SLU_Nick are in DC on 1/11 ... feel free to join in.

You be real good for the next 15 months or so and maybe the HoneyDoListMaker will let you loose enough to make to the AC with Roy and me and 72 and the docs. I gotta feeling that watching you making the rounds with the Boardwalk Beauties might be worth it!

naticat is a big least man now. he thinks he is going to madison square garden instead. sighhh. i keep trying to get him to change the color of his pullover. he's going tonite, hopefully he is wearing blue.

... roy. The Cat-man ain't changing no spots, stripes, shirts, colors, habits, track-marked tighty whities, whatever. MSG!?!?! The only way Nati's Cats win another league title is when they move the post-season back to the Shoe ... and the Big Least ain't the A10 or CUSA ... they ain't cottoning down like the A10 and CUSA did to accomodate Dayton, X, Louisville, Memphis or the Hatfield and McCoy clans now living along the banks of the Ohio in the Queen City (And ya got to wonder where that name came from,eh?)

Not really knocking the Cats but what are they picked at this year? Like #13 in the Big Least? They have certainly upped the competition level but as we all know, some of these conference house of cards are eventually going to fall in on themselves. I cna't see the Cats competing just yet. And I also don't think the finesse of slick Rick will last out the pounding that comes from that league either.

i watched the illini - mi$$ouri game with naticat and bud select last nite and all he wanted to talk about is the resurgence of cincy once skip prosser gets to town next year. so obviously the cat fans are still in dream phase.

Mrs Nati and I have a date with the UC Bearcats and Syracuse Orange on 1/14. You, Steve and Slu nick are more than welcome to join in on the fun. The cats are staating to get the hang of things right now. Lots of new faces so it will take a bit longer, Its a shame Nancy had to ruin things but we shall return!

Atlantic City? Oh no, you dont want me there. We'd likely not even make it to a single game. How about if you just come to St Louis next year, then join myself, Roy, Vtime,Aj,Skip,Kevin Footes and a whole bunch of other people when the Cats invade the Illinois State redbirds!

nati, you are delusional if you think i am driving to bloomington to watch cincy and ill st. i am sure belleville west girls will have a game the same nite i have to watch. but have fun with footes at that game.