JJ--WOW!

Billikan

I would say it's the right move and it illustrates that Brad may not be as stubborn in his ways as some might have thought. He is obviously showing he can adjust his style and gameplan based upon his opponent.

Memo to JJ: Take advantage of the opportunity.

I would think this is an indication that Bryce H will play a fair amount as the only replacement for Ian. That makes sense to me since TH is a very good 5, but not as quick as some of the centers on teams we have faced and probably will face. I would like to see BH go againt Tyler H.- I think he will do better than he would have against quick, athletic 5s.

You said when "they need rest". I don't see BH relieving JJ. I think VN will fill that role.

Really, this isn't much of a surpise to me at all. At the start of the season I thought that Brad would use the 4 guard lineup when it would work. Against better teams on our schedule, like UNC, who have solid players playing the 4 position, I figured that either JJ or Newborne, depending on who was playing the best at the time, would start in those games. JJ, in my opinion, was the more intriguing option of the two due to him being bigger and more athletic. It was just a matter of showing that on the court, which he has done in the last couple games.

This is good news to me because it says Brad will adjust the lineup based upon the adversary to give the team the best chance to win. UNC would slowly but assuredly overpower our 4 guard lineup. JJ's size and athleticism give us, on paper, the ability to match up. I get the feeling though that Brad will have a quick hook if JJ does not contribute early. My best wishes for JJ tomorrow night.