Billikens.com T-Shirt?

SluSignGuy

How many people would be interested in a T-Shirt from Billikens.com, it would look a little like this (The Billiken Logo would be a white outline, not what you see (I am working on that now). I am just wondering).

I am making this logo pixel by pixel (because i want to use the fewest colors so I am re-drawing it, it helps get my mind of reggie bryant's toe)

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=slusigng...om&F=shirtfinal

Steve

I like the idea and hope you don't mind if we kick our 2 cents in the design. I like more of the minimalist approach: just the billiken logo on the front and "your screen name" / billikens.com on the back. Or, better yet, just billikens.com on the back. Get a long sleeve shirt and I'll buy one.

Sign Dude why such a defeatist motto?

Is it tough to be a Billiken Fan? We were in the Post Season are always good for a big upset and moving to a good conference building a new Arena $80 mil. great recruits coming in so on so on..........

or you could use the opportunity to explain "it's tough....." with something like my disney quote or something like "but the thrill makes it all worthwhile!" etc. i think it is the second line that is lacking. but the it's tough by itself would not be good enough either. gotta give them a reason it is worthwhile to be a billiken fan.

i dont like that. i like the billikens.com on the back with the name. and if front is just a billiken, i would make it a left chest emblem but at least 4 inches in diameter.

I'd buy one regardless ... but I don't care for the "tough to be" motto.

If SLU won't let us use the logo ... I brought this up before but got no response ... could we purchase it.

I suggest a fee for sponsoring a Bill ... then we donate that to the arena.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Count me as a "sold" if and when this comes out.

For advertising's sake, I'd put the big Billiken face with the web address on the back of the shirt and make a smaller, sign-on ID over the right heart area of the front of the shirt. It would be a good advertisement for the web address and if you know enough to get a hsirt, you know where to look for the sign on name. I think you want to take the bigger space and credit the web address as opposed to the sign on name.

But I'm in when you get there.

I love the idea, but I of course have my opinions regarding the design:

(1) I would prefer a more navy blue, which BTW is the traditional Billiken color. Not only is navy the more classic color, it also looks more stylish.

(2) In my experience, the best looking T-Shirts tend to have relatively small logos/designs/text in the middle left chest area and bigger designs on the back.

(3) I like the long sleave style.

(4) If SLU won't provide you with a free license to use the Billiken, you could just use a basketball with text around it.

steve this slufanskip has a good angle and worthwhile for everyone to be a win win imo. ask slu to approve of the logo and whatever else for the shirt and all "net" proceeds would go to the arena.

SLU has federally registered the use of the word "Billikens" or "SLU" on T-Shirts. If you use either without their consent, then you may be subject to statutory damages under federal law.

The billiken logo does not appear to be federally registered, but SLU is claiming rights to the mark under common law. (That is why the Billiken logo is footnoted with a TM and not a circle R.)

Regardless of whether SLU's trademark rights exist under common law or federal statutes, the use of the words SLU, Billikens, and/or the Billiken logo is subject to SLU's consent.

What about the phrase Billikens.com. I have permission to use the term Billikens in the domain name, but does that permission carry over to Billikens.com, as in is that considered a different term, or do I still need SLU's Permission.

I will DEFINITELY send a copy of my design to SLU before I decide to print it.

Steve

No - You are not free to use the phrase Billikens.com on the T-Shirt because it encompases the trademarked name Billikens. The rights they gave you to use the domain name do not automatically give you the right to use the name on T-shirts.

Definitely sent it to the AD's office for approval. If they don't work with you, then they are making a big marketing/business mistake. Of course, that wouldn't surprise most of us on this board.