Billikens TV Schedule

biggdadiek

Still consider Charter "cable access" but its better than nothing I guess.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 15, 2005

CCIN TELECASTS SLU MEN’S AND WOMEN’S HOOPS

ST. LOUIS–Charter Communications and the Saint Louis University department of athletics today announced their live telecast schedule for men’s and women’s basketball. Charter Communications Information Network (CCIN) will feature nine men’s road games and five home dates. CCIN will also produce two women’s games from the Bauman-Eberhardt Center on campus.

“Charter Communications is an outstanding partner in bringing Billiken basketball to our fans,†said director of athletics Cheryl L. Levick. “Combining Charter’s telecasts with our Atlantic 10 syndication package, we’re bringing 17 regular season men’s games into the metropolitan St. Louis market. The exposure for Coach Shimmy Gray’s women’s program is also important as we build a solid base of support for her program.â€

The schedule begins with the Billikens hosting Southern Illinois on Wed., Nov. 30. Except for the Hawai‘i and Oakland games, all of the Billikens’ road contests will be televised. CCIN will produce the UW-Milwaukee, Mississippi, George Washington, Richmond, Xavier (Jan. 22), Rhode Island (Feb. 1), Duquesne, Charlotte and La Salle games. Play-by-play announcer Frank Cusumano enters his fifth season describing the action for CCIN. Former Billiken Hall of Famers Scott Highmark and Joe Wiley supply the analysis.

The A-10 men’s network will produce the Massachusetts game from the St. Charles Family Arena on Jan. 14, the Bills’ date at Dayton on Feb. 11 and the Rhode Island game from Savvis Center on Feb. 22. The Billikens also have one national contest on ESPN2 when SLU visits defending national champion North Carolina on Dec. 7.

CCIN women’s telecasts will have Saint Louis paired against Duquesne on Jan. 15, and La Salle on Feb. 3. Veteran Billiken announcer Bob Ramsey will call the action, while Highmark and Kristin Folkl serve as analysts. The A-10 will also feature the Billikens’ regular-season finale at Fordham on Feb. 26.

Charter Communications reaches more than 450,000 households in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Charter will telecast the games on CCIN, a channel received by all its customers with basic or expanded basic programming service.

BILLIKEN BASKETBALL LIVE BROADCAST SCHEDULE

Wed., Nov. 30 vs. Southern Illinois

Sat., Dec. 3 at UW-Milwaukee

Wed., Dec. 7 at North Carolina ESPN2

Tue., Dec. 13 at Ole Miss

Fri., Dec. 30 vs. Iowa

Tue., Jan. 3 vs. St. Bonaventure

Wed., Jan. 11 at George Washington

Sat., Jan. 14 vs. UMass A-10

Sun., Jan. 15 Women vs. Duquesne

Wed., Jan. 18 at Richmond

Sun., Jan. 22 at Xavier

Wed., Jan. 25 vs. Saint Joseph’s

Wed., Feb. 1 at Rhode Island

Fri., Feb. 3 vs. La Salle

Sat., Feb. 11 at Dayton A-10

Wed., Feb. 15 at Duquesne

Wed., Feb. 22 vs. Rhode Island A-10

Sat., Feb. 25 at Charlotte

Sun., Feb. 26 Women at Fordham A-10

Wed., Mar. 1 vs. Dayton

Sat., Mar. 4 at La Salle

— www.slubillikens.com —

Over at www.basketballboards.net

click on conferences,then a-10,WH posts A-10 schedule.

Lists Dec.22 Gonzaga game on Fox-Northwest

Feb.5 Xavier game on Fox-Ohio.

These channels are part of Sports Pack on Directv and Dish Network has them also,think some cable offers the Fox net as well.

I was just checking out the Fox College Sports channels (in my cable I get Pacific/Central/Atlantic) to see if many A-10 games translate over from regional Fox Sports (which is still how Dish/direcTV do it I think). The bad news is that they don't. The other bad news is there is not that much good college basketball on these three channels. I was hoping the Xavier games for Fox Sports Ohio would be on one of them.

However, the good news is that SLU vs. Gonzaga will also be on FCS Pacific.

If I was a fan of Western Kentucky or Lehigh Fox College Sports would be golden(about 10 games each of those two).