Can't help myself-Mizzery Post

slu72

Mighty Q's in the news again. Read the K-City Star article on the Big12 media day and Q was all over the place. Then today he's on STLToday web. Some of the more poignant points he makes;

1.) he takes credit for their new arena. "An arena's gone up in my tenure, and I know how that arena got built. There's been a lot of excitement around here." Well, it's not hard to figure how it got built. They cleared some land, bought in some cranes, concrete trucks, and voila, an arena. An arena initially named after a cheat, albeit a hot looking cheat. Excitement? Boy you can say that again. Let's see a prized recruit gets arrested for statutory rape, your star PG get's arrested for Domestic Violence, the University's President's wife tells said star PG to stay away from white chicks after he's put in jail for violating probation at said President's annual 4th of July BBQ. You make sacrificial lambs out your two top gun assistants for wrongdoing you encouraged, donate your wardrobe, break just about every NCAA recruiting rule in the book. Yup, no doubt about it, it's been a drama packed seven years at old Mizzery. Kind of like watching the Dallas TV series, "what's that mean old JR going to do next?"

2.) Wants to be called Coach Snyder instead of Q. "Do you call Coach Sutton, Eddie? I've earned the respect to be called Coach Snyder." Hey, Eddie may have done some bad things in his time, but he can coach.

3.) not making any apologies for his record at Mizzery. "A lot of schools would be happy with 4 NCAA's, elite eight, and 2 NIT's." Can't disagree with him there, we'd all be estatic, just not so pleased with the way he did it. Guess he's a "ends justifies the means" type of guy.

4.) A program's success is determined by the quality of athletes that want to go there. Damn, why can't we find a Ricky Clemons type? A Robert Haley? Hey, we did have Randy Pulley for a year, does that make us a successful program?

5.) "I think we're about to take off this year. Call it a stepping stone season." If it's not, you're going to take off and your stepping stone's probably going to lead to an announcer's job with ESPN.

6.) The disappointment of the last two editions of Mizzery basketball prompted Mike Alden to give him a "vote of confidence". Where does one apply for an $800,000 a year state job, plus incentives, and mediocre performance earns you a vote of confidence?

Sorry, this was too good to pass up. I couldn't help myself.

i saw the "call me coach" thing yesterday. lmao. yeah he deserves it for figuring out how to bamboozal the ncaa and keep his job. however instead of coach maybe "don" would be more appropriate.

however if he is using sutton as his example. he has a point. i for one would never give sutton any respect either. of course he has since switched his allegiance to dhl from fed ex and hasnt had a problem since.

I couldn't help but wonder what crawled up Q's (I'm sorry, Coach Snyder) backside to get him going like that at MEDIA DAY for gosh sakes?

does he think the media is not supporting him or is against him??

And yes, he built the building, the columns, Jesse Hall and Harpos.

I think the #1 question here is...who will be the coach next year? will be it the hot-coach-of-the-day that takes an 11 seed to the sweet 16?

while reading the "call me coach" "i've earned it" quotes. i couldnt help thinking of jack nicholson's great courtroom scene in "a few good men".

next press conference pretty q will tell us all "we cant handle the truth".

another subject i am curious about, does anyone know who is proposing to get custody of ricky clemons after the divorce is final?

okay...I'll bite....

Would you guys be more pleased with a SLU hoops National Championship or Missouri going 0-32?

With regards to the topic itself, with exception to some of the kids he has brought in there and quality of kid stuff...I see no problem with any of the other points listed.

ever than jack in "a few good men"? the only one close imo is james earl jones baseball speech near the end of "field of dreams".

John Belushi ... Bluto Blutarsky ... "Animal House" .. Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.

Lou Gossett, Jr .... Gunny Sgt. Foley ... "An Officer & A Gentleman" ... Steers and queers from Texas."