More recruiting banter....

After watching and hearing about Tyler H. from Poplar Bluff, I can truly understand and accept the hype. He is gonna be pretty darn good I think. My question here lies with his brother Ben. Does anyone out there with access to recruiting info know where if anywhere he is headed and by whom he is being recruited by? Just curious b/c he would be a nice add on to our already steady influx of guards. Again, not starting rumors, just satisfying my own personal curiosity.

not that he is a bad player. he is not. but in the game i watched on tv over the weekend, i did not consider him better than say luke meyer let alone, kevin lisch, tommie liddell, dwayne polk or danny brown.

my junior guards/wings to pursue would start and stop with hill from vashon and leonard from desmet. if they dont come dont sign a guard just to be signing one. hold it for the loaded sophomore class. i would continue to pursue at least one good forward from the junior class though. mcgwire from civic memorial would look nice in blue imo.

Thanks for the info as I can appreciate someone who follows HS ball as passionately as you do. From the box scores and small amount of televised time that I have seen him, I thought he looked pretty good, but again that may be due in no small part to the competition that he faced. Anyway, do you happen to know if anyone is pursuing him?

it was my understanding that pretty q was originally offering the proverbial "package deal" before big brother signed with north carolina. no idea if that is still on the table. considering his brother didnt come and the lost scholarships, i would guess he is no longer a mi$$ouri target.

and i dont know about missouri, but in illinois, if you transfer from a private to the correct public school because of financial reasons (and there is no required proof of financial reasons) there is no have to sit time. it is going public to private that requires sitting out.

Roy, not so in Missouri. Whether you transfer to a public or private school the rule still stands unless you can show some hardship issue such as father lost his job and the school kicked you out for lack of tuition payment or you have moved and the distance is too great to drive or you got kicked out because of discipline reasons and have no other choice.

another in a long list of reasons why illinois is the better place to live than missouri. ;-)

Now Roy - MO has a lower tax base and besides, the rule is in place to protect recruiting from taking place. Just like all rules, there is always someone in a unique situation that gets squeezed - as I said, you apply for a hardship ruling and if it is an honest application and supported by both schools I have seldom ever seen it not approved.

i had the little ;-)

i was kidding

btw rich, yes, i would be happy to trade govs. you are 100% correct on that one!

3 star is correct, that only powell appears to be headed to "high major" land. but that doesnt mean that the likes of felton, o'rear and rudy arent division one players. besides, last time i checked, those high major guys werent coming to slu. thus, the likes of o'rear and felton who are tweaner sized but appear to have other attributes that may make them very good slu players or rudy who might be a step slower than gilbert arenas, could still be another kevin lisch like player. my point is that there is quality players that might be slu recruitable by the time they are seniors. players to keep an eye on.

one would think our own "3 star" would be looking for players that might turn into "3 star" like recruits. j/k 3 star.

I'll meet you halfway. There are enough high major perimeter players out there that we shouldn't have to settle. The fact that Darren Brooks, Ben Jacobson and Nate Funk all play in the Valley is proof of that.

But there are a lot fewer high major bigs available and they almost always go to strong basketball programs. So I have no problem going after mid-major bigs if they prove they can hold their own. A 6'6 kid schooling 6'3 interior players who won't even play D-3 basketball doesn't excite me. O'Rear is going to have to prove his mettle over the summer.