1380 reporting Pizotti Gone

while over the years i tried to defend jill, the fact that she let her roster become so unbalanced the last couple of years is inexcuseable. i also do not understand some of her recruits. the rapp girl from centralia doesnt appear will ever contribute to a game. and i know for a fact that she hasnt put the needed effort into some local recruits that are more than worthy. so no tears from me that jill is gone. i just hope that now that a change is being made, there also will be an effort to increase the resources for the new coach and his/her staff to get the needed players to compete.

let's hope the Amanda Kemezys gril still comes. they need that size.

Good luck to Jiil. I do not feel too sorry for her, she makes $125,000 a year and plus her contract has 2 more years so she is going to get a great buy out. She was a bad coach and I feel sorry for her assistants because she made their lives hell too. But they will find other jobs, too bad one of those guys can't get the head coaching job but Cheryl already has her people on it

Since the beginning of this message board a few posters have been calling for Jill to receive a pink slip and one poster was accused of wanting to see her in a pink slip.

It will be interesting to see how the "national search" proceeds. SLU has a lot of major irons in the fire. Too bad our athletic programs didn't have more success this past year.

Many challenges for Ms. Levick.

there is no way i would keep any of the assistants no matter how much potential they might truly have. there needs to be a cleansing of the program and a fresh start. and if that means players leave so be it. just make sure mia stays and the Kemezys girl comes. and after that let attrition takes it's toll.

there are quite a few really good juniors in the st louis area worthy of being recruited, so if a few players leave it gives the new coach a chance to go get the likes of teresa lisch, alexander blake, or felica chester. hell you get those three along with mia johnson you will have improved your team about a million percent.

mia is for sure transferring? i hadnt heard that. do you have a link to that announcement? that is too bad.

so that isnt official? all the more reason to get a new coach asap. she is the best billiken women's player the team has had imo. they need to try to keep her happy. cheryl should take her under her wing herself possibly. show some love!

Jill, seemed to have peaked and I too noticed that she seemed to have a somewhat negative attitude at the few admittedly so games I attended over the years. She peaked and fell backwards - inexcuseable. If she is not recruiting the local talent hard then she is at fault - what will get you in trouble locally very quickly is if the word gets out from the h.s. coaches that you are hard to get along or do not really care for the kids. Did she stop recruiting locally because she was tabbed?

i personally know a couple of the kids that are out there right now that would be wonderful additions to the billiken women's team. she hasnt contacted either.

Why would hir Rolfes, they already have 2 guys on staff with the qualifications as Rolfes. Francis coached in Missouri, won a state championship and Evans has played pro ball, and coached over seas. If Levick is going to consider Rolfes she might as well consider those two guys too..

But, I think she will go down to the Fianl 4 and interview there. I know the players repect the hell out of those two coaches but when your leader(JP) is not that great of one you tend to get labled and I feel for evans and francis. Besides Rolfes is suppose to leaving IWA and going to a public school, plus he left SLU in the first place to spend more time with his famly

i like the rolfes rumor.

first off being at incarnate word, he already knows how to recruit st louis he now just has to concentrate on high school seniors instead of 8th graders. ;-)

second, if he can bring felicia chester with him that would be huge. i really think felicia is a borderline program maker. with mia johnson that would be quite a one two punch.

right now, i would just like to see the women's program get the good local girls. like i said above, chester would be a great start. alexandra blake and teresa lisch added would be the best local recruiting class slu ever had for the women's program. they are all juniors so it would give him the time to make the move.

as to the assistants. imo, it doesnt matter how qualified jill's assistants are. in a matter where the separation is done like this, we got to clean house. all have to go. now if it was a matter that jill was retiring or moving on to another position, then a promotion from within would be different, but she got fired.

i agree compared to chester blake is far behind. as i stated above, chester is a program maker. imo, blake is more talented than the belleville east girl coming as she has some outcourt skills to go along with 6'1" size. and i like the belleville east girl.

if you dont like blake, tell me a different 6 footer plus junior in the area that has a nice shooting touch, a strong body and some ball handling skills?