WIN #3!!!

I know it was only Tulane, but I'll take it! Plus it was a solid 16 pt. victory. Izik had a good game and let's hope he can continue it against the Bearcats. At least we're 1-0 in conference play now.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Forgive Skip, he's a bit lightheaded from all the (incredibly well-deserved) screaming he did at the refs this evening. I think I've figured out why he wears that ski hat indoors at the games -- it's actually specially woven to keep him from having a stroke during the game :) .

there was lots of opportunities to let them have it tonite, wasn't there? Did each of those guys get their attitude from the ref Valentine School of Attitude? Each one seemed to take turns staring at the bench, itching to toss someone. And they were each adept at making the bad calls to force comments from the faithful. What was with all the walking calls. They would never get a look from the NBA.

Good job by the band, especially with the local singer. Great job. Again.

What was the end of the game chant for the opposing team. the flaming female anouncer was hawking some sponsor cr-p while the band was doing their thing. Can you repeat it for us?

mhg

I can't help myself ... I got told I couldn't yell "You suck" at the ref by a security guard ... I told him not to get on me, get on the ref who sucks. ... I actually think the black ref moved to the other side to get away from my mouth ... didn't help they just sent me another ref who sucked.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

In all seriousness, why can't we put together a good run in conference play? I realize we're 3-10, but the key seems to be our shooting. If we can string together a couple good games, watch out. It's teams like us that are dangerous...we can play with reckless abandon, cause, what do we have to lose besides another game?

I loved that play where drejaj threw the behind the back pass for the lay up then runs up the first 7 rows of the isle and high fives a fan. Was that a set play? Just kidding.

By the way any idea what happened to the "baby billiken"? The Billiken has been by him/herself all year.

Once again, I'll pass along your gratitude to the band. And that dimwit of an announcer........grrrrrr. Anyway, we were trying to get into Quincy Davis's head (which quite a few people did) at the end of the game. He wouldn't sit down the entire time, so we figured we'd use that as material. We think the reason she talked over us is because they announcements crew got wind of our lyrics and told her to talk over us. (Stupid move on their part, retribution will come swift and fast) I believe these were the lyrics:

"Hey, Hey Quincy, we want to know, if your hemmorhoids hurt?"

And as we all know, it's quite uncomfortable to sit down with these, so hence, we figured Quincy had them. Once again, thanks for the gratitude, hope you really enjoyed the game and entertainment, and LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE WINNING!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

I think she was actually supposed to read her announcement before you guys started playing, but the PA announcer was rambling on. She started to read while he was talking, then she stopped and started her announcement right as the band started.

By the way, that PA announcer's voice brought me back to the good old days - Errrrwinnnnn Claaaaageeeetttt!!!!!

After a time out had been called and it started to get a little quiet, from my seats in section 120, I could hear someone yelling at the ref from across the court (perhaps near the Billiken bench). Most of it was uninteligible, but I could hear the words "high school" at one point - was that you? If so, great work!

vehicle was awesome! mike looked over at me during the play of it and gave me the hi sign! that was cool.

you know you guys have something there that no other pep band has. a credible lead singer. you ought to expand on that. find a couple more songs he can sing to. i am telling you that is good stuff.

mike owens was very good to start the game, however, his voice gave way by the end of the game. too bad for mike. i love mike owens and wish he was back full time.

DUDE!!!! ROY!!!!!! You've just made my day! Thank you so much for that post. I've passed this post along for all the band to see. We are definitely thinking of doing so, and will work on it. Go DePaul tonight, so they can soften up Cinnci for us!

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

wasn't able to make it to the game last night, but listened and was all smiles.

a couple of questions: did they turn off the lights and do a true introduction of our players with the spotlights swirling like they used to?

me and some of my boys in the band have been pushing for this to come back...did it happen?

it can't cost any money, so i don't see why the savvis would be opposed to it...all it takes is a couple of light switches...

who can we email to bring this back?

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala